Man Utd Said to Eye Berbatov-Schweinsteiger Swap Deal
Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson is still keen on snapping up Bayern Munich midfielder Bastian Schweinsteiger and is ready to offer Dimitar Berbatov in return.
The veteran manager needs a central midfielder after legend Paul Scholes retired - and the well -established German is said to be wanted as his replacement, according to the Daily Star.
Even though Berbatov has repeatedly declared he is willing to stay at Old Trafford and help his team win its 20th title, rumors have been intensely going on that he is transfer-listed by the Red Devils.
The Bulgarian became Premiership's joint top goalscorer last season, but had to spend most of his time on the bench towards its end, as Javier Hernandez was favored over him.
The Bulgarian hitman has already been linked with Valencia, PSG, Roma and Juventus. On Thursday, it was reported that Manchester United has offered the forward to Juventus in exchange for EUR 15 M.
Manchester United is also said to be interested in Inter Milan's Wesley Sneijder and Arsenal's Samir Nasri as possible replacements for Scholes. The situation with Nasri's contract is yet to be sorted out..
- » Bulgaria’s Pulev to Face American Joey Abell
- » World Cup 2014 Groups Drawn
- » Bulgaria's Pulev Opponent Pulls Out of Upcoming Fight
- » Russia's Zenit Latest in Line for Bulgarian Youngster
- » Fulham Coach Praises Bulgaria's Berbatov, Rules out Transfer Rumors
- » Berbatov to Seek Fulham Exit in January - Report