Bulgarian Festival to Stage Iranian Puppet Show
From The Tehran Times
By Tehran Times Art Desk
The Iranian puppet show "The Moon Pieces are Raining like Feathers" directed by Maryam Moini will be on stage at the Golden Dolphin International Puppet Festival in Varna, Bulgaria.
The play, which was previously performed in different festivals in Bulgaria, will be performed at the festival that will run from October 1 to 6.
Co-written by Moini and Tala Motazedi, the play, which is based on "The Happy Prince" by Oscar Wilde, focuses on the concept of forgiveness.
Leila Madanpur, Mojtaba Ma'af, Ghazaleh Moradian, Marzieh Sarmashqi, Elmira Talebi and Maryam Moeini are the puppeteers of the show.
Ali Moini is the composer of the puppet show and Mandana Karimi is the puppet designer of the puppet show that went on stage for public audiences in Iran five years ago.
Established in 1972, the festival is held once in every three years from 1st to 6th October by Bulgaria's Ministry of Culture, Municipality of Varna and the State Puppet Theatre Varna.
The festival is intended to assist the development of Bulgarian dramaturgy for puppet theater, to popularize the achievements of Bulgarian puppet artists and to introduce modern trends and the latest achievements of puppet art all over the world.
- » 'Bulgaria Phone Scammers Rob, Blackmail Elderly'
- » NY Times: Bulgaria Grows Uneasy as Trump Complicates Ties to Russia
- » NY Times: As Support for EU Flags Elsewhere, Bulgaria Sees Its Benefits
- » DW: German Businesses Prefer Trade with Bulgaria over Investment
- » The Economist: Bulgaria, Moldova Presidents 'Less Pro-Russian Than Advertised'
- » AFP: Bulgaria's Radev 'Struck a Chord by Attacking the Status Quo'