Canada Returns to Bulgaria 21,000 Archaeological Objects
Bulgarian Minister of Culture Vezhdi Rashidov participated in an official ceremony in Ottawa, where Canadian authorities returned to Bulgaria 21,000 antique objects seized when trafficked into the country.
At the ceremony, the Department of Canadian Heritage congratulated Minister Rashidov for his effort in preserving the cultural heritage of Bulgaria.
On his part, Rashidov awarded the Canadian Department with the highest distinction of the Bulgarian Ministry of Culture.
The 21,000 archaeological objects include predominantly coins and small everyday items.
Apart from Canadian government officials, the ceremony was attended by UNESCO director general, Bulgarian Irina Bokova.
Saturday Minister Rashidov's delegation is on to Toronto, where they will meet the Bulgarian community.
- » Silver Treasure Found near Bulgaria’s Mezdra
- » Egyptian and Czech Archaeologists have Discovered Remnants of a Temple of Ramesses II
- » Archaeologists Discovered 4,000 Years Obelisk near Cairo
- » Santa Claus' Untouched Grave May be Beneath Church in Turkey's Antalya
- » Unique Jade Amulet was Discovered in Kaliakra, Probably Made in China
- » 2 New Graves and Foundations of Buildings Marked the End of Archaeological Summer 2017