Bulgarian Defense Ministry Refutes Plans of US Missile Defense Radar
There are no plans to have a radar from the US/NATO missile shield on the Botev peak in the Stara Planina (Balkan) Mountain Range, the Bulgarian Defense Ministry announced.
Currently, Bulgaria has participated in the missile shield only with some funding, but not with territories where elements of the shield are to be located.
"This is a misunderstanding," the Member of the Parliament from the ruling Citizens for European Development of Bulgaria, GERB, party. Dobroslav Dimitrov, told the Bulgarian daily Trud (Labor). Dimitrov is leading the Bulgarian delegation at the NATO forum in Varna.
The MP added Bulgaria supports the shield, but the decision to have elements on Bulgarian soil has not yet been made.
- » Bulgaria to Send Commando Unit to Afghanistan
- » Bulgaria Says It Will Cope with Refugee Influx 'Within Weeks'
- » Bulgaria's Border Fence Operation Going as Planned - Defense Min
- » Interior: 8 000 Await Refugee Status in Bulgaria
- » Bulgaria to Participate in NATO's Resolute Support for Afghanistan
- » Bulgarian President Calls Security Council over Refugee Crisis