Bulgarian Defense Ministry Refutes Plans of US Missile Defense Radar
There are no plans to have a radar from the US/NATO missile shield on the Botev peak in the Stara Planina (Balkan) Mountain Range, the Bulgarian Defense Ministry announced.
Currently, Bulgaria has participated in the missile shield only with some funding, but not with territories where elements of the shield are to be located.
"This is a misunderstanding," the Member of the Parliament from the ruling Citizens for European Development of Bulgaria, GERB, party. Dobroslav Dimitrov, told the Bulgarian daily Trud (Labor). Dimitrov is leading the Bulgarian delegation at the NATO forum in Varna.
The MP added Bulgaria supports the shield, but the decision to have elements on Bulgarian soil has not yet been made.
- » Hristo Smolenov, Antiterrorism Expert: Europe Behaves Like Victim, Attracting Aggressors
- » Champs-Elysees car attacker was on terror watchlist
- » Minister Radev: Only 5 km left for the completion of the protection facility at the border between Bulgaria and Turkey
- » Nikolay Nenkov Named Deputy Chairman of SANS
- » Bulgarian Teams Take Part in Aerial Medical Evacuation Exercises in Germany
- » Bulgarian and Greek Special Forces Took Part in a Joint Anti-Terrorist Training Exercise