Bulgarian Defense Ministry Refutes Plans of US Missile Defense Radar
There are no plans to have a radar from the US/NATO missile shield on the Botev peak in the Stara Planina (Balkan) Mountain Range, the Bulgarian Defense Ministry announced.
Currently, Bulgaria has participated in the missile shield only with some funding, but not with territories where elements of the shield are to be located.
"This is a misunderstanding," the Member of the Parliament from the ruling Citizens for European Development of Bulgaria, GERB, party. Dobroslav Dimitrov, told the Bulgarian daily Trud (Labor). Dimitrov is leading the Bulgarian delegation at the NATO forum in Varna.
The MP added Bulgaria supports the shield, but the decision to have elements on Bulgarian soil has not yet been made.
- » Bulgarian-US Naval Exercise Postponed
- » Bulgaria, Romania, US to Hold Military Drill in Black Sea
- » USS Truxtun Sails In the Black Sea for Exercises with Bulgaria's Navy
- » Bulgaria Steps Up Border Control Because of Ukraine
- » Bulgaria's PM Summons Security Council Over Ukraine's Crisis
- » Bulgaria's Ministry of Defense Systematically Underfinanced – PM