Sofia Airport Serviced Record Number of Passengers April 2011
Bulgaria's Sofia International Airport serviced 282 694 passengers April 2011, which is 13% more than the same period of 2009, when the record 250 000 passengers were serviced.
April 2011 saw a 60 000 increase year on year, which can be attributed to the Icelandic volcano crisis in the same month of 2010.
A total of 3 863 planes were serviced by the airport in April 2011, which is a 14% increase compared with April 2010. A total of 1 255 tons of cargo and post were handled during the month, which is also a 14% increase.
In April, it was revealed that the Sofia International Airport registered a 3% increase of the number of serviced passengers in the first quarter of 2011, compared to the same period of 2010, which was a record year for the airport.
- » Funds Contracted Under EU Exceed 40%
- » Number of UAE Tourists Showing Interest in Bulgaria’s Nature Increases
- » Bulgaria May Ask For More Time to Explore Gazprom Concessions
- » Bulgaria's Debt in 2016 Accounts for 29.5% of GDP
- » Sofia Plans to Require More Information From Brussels About Gazprom Case
- » International Monetary Fund Increases Expectaions on Bulgarian Economy