Sofia Airport Serviced Record Number of Passengers April 2011
Bulgaria's Sofia International Airport serviced 282 694 passengers April 2011, which is 13% more than the same period of 2009, when the record 250 000 passengers were serviced.
April 2011 saw a 60 000 increase year on year, which can be attributed to the Icelandic volcano crisis in the same month of 2010.
A total of 3 863 planes were serviced by the airport in April 2011, which is a 14% increase compared with April 2010. A total of 1 255 tons of cargo and post were handled during the month, which is also a 14% increase.
In April, it was revealed that the Sofia International Airport registered a 3% increase of the number of serviced passengers in the first quarter of 2011, compared to the same period of 2010, which was a record year for the airport.
- » Construction of New Coastal Station at Port Varna Kicks Off
- » Bulgaria Will Fight for South Stream Gas Pipeline – Energy Minister
- » Bulgaria's Foreign Minister: Gas Supply Disruptions Not Ruled Out
- » Bulgaria Has Second Highest Growth of New Car Sales in Q1
- » Turkish Airlines Launches Direct Flights Varna – Istanbul
- » Turkey to Allow South Stream Passage "if Russia Requests It"