Detained Bulgarian Treasure-Hunters Dug up Thracian City
Two treasure hunters were detained Sunday in nearby Kazanlak in what seemed an attempt to breach an important archaeological find in an ancient Thracian site.
The two were arrested overnight when they were digging a Thracian burial mound, upon which police discovered they had already conducted preparatory work for their deeds and had already gotten access to the inside of the mound.
Authorities recovered a number of objects, such as coins, from the detainees.
Archaeologists have claimed that the site was part of an important ancient Thracian city.
- » EUR 85,500 were Seized at Sofia Airport
- » Corpse of a Woman Without Head, Arms and Legs was Found in Copenhagen
- » Customs Officers Discovered Nearly 1kg of Contraband Gold Jewelry in a Secret Compartment of a Truck
- » Young Girl Found Dead in Elevator in Burgas
- » Man, 64, 'shot his 42-year-old wife in Sofia
- » Daughter of Tsvetan Vassilev Charged with Money Laundering