Detained Bulgarian Treasure-Hunters Dug up Thracian City
Two treasure hunters were detained Sunday in nearby Kazanlak in what seemed an attempt to breach an important archaeological find in an ancient Thracian site.
The two were arrested overnight when they were digging a Thracian burial mound, upon which police discovered they had already conducted preparatory work for their deeds and had already gotten access to the inside of the mound.
Authorities recovered a number of objects, such as coins, from the detainees.
Archaeologists have claimed that the site was part of an important ancient Thracian city.
- » 23 Customs Officers Detained at Kulata Checkpoint in an Anticorruption Operation
- » Bulgarian Student Found Dead in Ukraine
- » Bulgarian Police Bust Super Modern Greenhouse for Growing Marijuana
- » Bulgarian Man Grievously Injured After He Was Hit by Car in Birkirkara
- » 4 Syrians Face Terrorism Charges in Germany
- » Arrests in Sofia Over Sale of Driver's Licenses