Detained Bulgarian Treasure-Hunters Dug up Thracian City
Two treasure hunters were detained Sunday in nearby Kazanlak in what seemed an attempt to breach an important archaeological find in an ancient Thracian site.
The two were arrested overnight when they were digging a Thracian burial mound, upon which police discovered they had already conducted preparatory work for their deeds and had already gotten access to the inside of the mound.
Authorities recovered a number of objects, such as coins, from the detainees.
Archaeologists have claimed that the site was part of an important ancient Thracian city.
- » Police is Checking a Suspicious Luggage at Varna Airport
- » Number of Crimes Registered In Sofia Down
- » Migrant Smuggling Network Dismantled Near Dunav Bridge Checkpoint
- » Man’s Body Found in Front of Residential Building in Sofia, Regions is Closed Off
- » Car Explodes in Yahinovo Village, One Person Detained
- » Sofia Regional Prosecutor’s Office Detains 49-year-old Man Accused of Murder in Etropole Town