Detained Bulgarian Treasure-Hunters Dug up Thracian City
Two treasure hunters were detained Sunday in nearby Kazanlak in what seemed an attempt to breach an important archaeological find in an ancient Thracian site.
The two were arrested overnight when they were digging a Thracian burial mound, upon which police discovered they had already conducted preparatory work for their deeds and had already gotten access to the inside of the mound.
Authorities recovered a number of objects, such as coins, from the detainees.
Archaeologists have claimed that the site was part of an important ancient Thracian city.
- » At Least 23 Civilians from One Family were Killed by the US Coalition in Syria Air Strike
- » Police Probe Attempted Arson Against Jewish Chapel in Malmö
- » 15 People were Detained in an Operation of the GDBOP in Veliko Tarnovo
- » Illegal Cigarette Factory with Workers from Bulgaria and Ukraine was Discovered in Spain
- » Swedish Police Bust International Begging Ring
- » Six were Killed in a Bomb Attack in Pakistan