Detained Bulgarian Treasure-Hunters Dug up Thracian City
Two treasure hunters were detained Sunday in nearby Kazanlak in what seemed an attempt to breach an important archaeological find in an ancient Thracian site.
The two were arrested overnight when they were digging a Thracian burial mound, upon which police discovered they had already conducted preparatory work for their deeds and had already gotten access to the inside of the mound.
Authorities recovered a number of objects, such as coins, from the detainees.
Archaeologists have claimed that the site was part of an important ancient Thracian city.
- » Greek Authorities Seize 11 kg of Heroin at Athens Airport
- » BREAKING NEWS: ISIS Gunman 'Kills Shop Worker' After Taking Hostages at French Supermarket
- » 34 Killed, Including 17 Children, in an Air Strike in Northwestern Syria
- » A 20-year-old Girl was Beaten and Robbed in the Student City District of Sofia
- » Suicide Bomber Kills 26 in Kabul Attack
- » The Police Busted a Group of Human Traffickers, 18 People were Arrested