Bin Laden Killed 2 Days Earlier Than Announced - Report
Al Qaeda head Osama bin Laden was killed two days before US President Barack Obama announced that, according to Anjem Choudary spokesman for the Islamist group Islam4UK.
"As far as I am informed, the operation was carried out on Friday," Choudary said in an interview for the Bulgarian Darik radio. Messages like "The lion is in danger" and "The lion is dead" were spread in Islamic communities three days before Obama's announcement, Choudary explained.
Choudary is a vocal critic of the UK's involvement in the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan, and supporter of the terrorists involved in 9/11 terror attacks.
On May 1, Obama addressed the US nation with the announcement that the world's most wanted terrorist was hunted down as a result of an assassination raid. Bin Laden was subsequently buried at sea.
- » 'Clear' That UK Bomber Was Part of a Network
- » UK Police: 23-Year-Old Man Arrested Over Manchester Attack
- » Manchester Arena explosion: Children Among 22 Killed by Suicide Bomber After Ariana Grande Concert
- » Ariana Grande Concert: Deaths After Reported Blast
- » Erdogan Elected Leader of Turkey's Ruling Party
- » Theresa May: 'No time to Waste' as Brexit Talks Will Start Just 11 Days After the Election'