Bulgarian Skinheads Stage Pathetic Anti-Roma Protest
Just 30 persons attented a self-styled protest against "Roma privileges" in front of the Bulgarian Parliament Sunday afternoon, out of some 14,000 who had stated their attendance on Facebook.
Some of the participants bore the blatant signs of skinhead groups, with all of them in their teens or twenties.
The youths did not specify any demands whatsoever, did not claim allegiance to a party or organization and refused to speak to the media.
Only one girl, aged 18, voiced an opinion by speaking to the BGNES agency, extravagantly putting the blame on the government and not on the Roma community.
"Those in power are to blame for everything. They're washing their hands with the Roma. If the Roma were educated and had good jobs, we wouldn't have such problems," said the teenager.
Sunday's protest had no official permission by the Sofia Municipality. It had raised an outcry from Bulgarian rights organizations.
- » A Large Scale Forum will Discuss Double Standards in Food on April 30th
- » 19 Children were Injured in a Car Accident in Germany
- » The Centuries-old Beech Forests in Central Balkan are Included in an Inter-state Site List of UNESCO
- » If You Love the Sun, Beaches and Exotic Places This Job Offer is For You!
- » Scientists have Discovered the Exact Amount of Money that Can Buy Happiness
- » The First Plants Appeared 500 Million Years Ago