Bulgarian Skinheads Stage Pathetic Anti-Roma Protest
Just 30 persons attented a self-styled protest against "Roma privileges" in front of the Bulgarian Parliament Sunday afternoon, out of some 14,000 who had stated their attendance on Facebook.
Some of the participants bore the blatant signs of skinhead groups, with all of them in their teens or twenties.
The youths did not specify any demands whatsoever, did not claim allegiance to a party or organization and refused to speak to the media.
Only one girl, aged 18, voiced an opinion by speaking to the BGNES agency, extravagantly putting the blame on the government and not on the Roma community.
"Those in power are to blame for everything. They're washing their hands with the Roma. If the Roma were educated and had good jobs, we wouldn't have such problems," said the teenager.
Sunday's protest had no official permission by the Sofia Municipality. It had raised an outcry from Bulgarian rights organizations.
- » Construction of Sofia's 3rd Metro Line Could Be Delayed Over Appeals
- » Over 15 000 People Not Let Into Bulgaria in 2014
- » Bulgaria's Osam, Vit Rivers Water Levels Increasing Due to Heavy Rains
- » Over 100 People Residing in Bulgaria Illegally Arrested in Special Operation
- » Antoaneta Vasileva Questioned In Money Laundering Investigation
- » Bulgarian Red Cross Warns of New Refugee Wave