Bulgarian Skinheads Stage Pathetic Anti-Roma Protest
Just 30 persons attented a self-styled protest against "Roma privileges" in front of the Bulgarian Parliament Sunday afternoon, out of some 14,000 who had stated their attendance on Facebook.
Some of the participants bore the blatant signs of skinhead groups, with all of them in their teens or twenties.
The youths did not specify any demands whatsoever, did not claim allegiance to a party or organization and refused to speak to the media.
Only one girl, aged 18, voiced an opinion by speaking to the BGNES agency, extravagantly putting the blame on the government and not on the Roma community.
"Those in power are to blame for everything. They're washing their hands with the Roma. If the Roma were educated and had good jobs, we wouldn't have such problems," said the teenager.
Sunday's protest had no official permission by the Sofia Municipality. It had raised an outcry from Bulgarian rights organizations.
- » Bird Flu: 63 Locations of Infections in Bulgaria
- » Number of Migrants Seeking Protection in Bulgaria Dropped Further in December
- » Closed Trakia Motorway Sections Partly Reopened
- » Severe Weather Warning in Most of Bulgaria
- » Cold Snap in Bulgaria to Continue for at Least a Week
- » Traffic Still Paralyzed in Several Eastern Bulgarian Regions over Snow