Bulgaria's Libya Embassy Evacuated to Tunisian Resort
Bulgaria's diplomatic mission in Tripoli has been successfully evacuated to the Tunisian island of Djerba.
The Bulgarian diplomats arrived at the island, which is a popular tourist destination, in the early hours of Tuesday, Vesela Cherneva, spokesperson for the country's Foreign Ministry, told the BGNES agency.
As of Monday, the Bulgarian Embassy in Libya is not functioning. The Bulgarian citizens who have stayed in the North African country may contact the country's diplomatic missions in Cairo or Tunisia.
The evacuation is a temporary measure, Cherneva pointed out, and the Embassy's employees will return to Tripoli once the circumstances allow it.
At the beginning of April, the Bulgarian Embassy in Tripoli remained the only functioning embassy of an EU member state in the Libyan capital.
- » Boyko Borisov will Meet with Prime Minister of Norway Erna Solberg
- » Bulgarian PM: With Teresa May, We Discussed the Rights of Bulgarians in the UK
- » Putin Stopped by at his "Friend" Erdogan on his Return from the Middle East
- » Head of State Will Take Part in the Summit "One planet", Dedicated to Climate Change
- » Prime Minister Boyko Borisov Will be on a Working Visit to London Today
- » Putin will Visit Turkey on December 11th