Bulgaria's Dimitrov Upsets Baghdatis in Munich
Grigor Dimitrov, Bulgaria's hot tennis prospect, surprisingly defeated Cyprus's Marcos Baghdatis in the prestigious BMW tournament in Munich.
The unseeded Dimitrov, currently 69th in the ATP ranking, took 2 hours and 11 minutes to rally past the former World No. 8, currently 25th, who looked highly vulnerable after losing the second-set in a tie-breaker. Baghdatis had two match points in the second-set, but he squandered both of them.
In the last set. Dimitrov broke the game of Baghdatis to 2-1 and after taking his service game another break lead the result to 4-1. Grigor had no problems to take his next service game by scoring his 8th ace to 5-1. The young Bulgarian took the 3rd set on his next service game 6-2.
For reaching his first ATP tour quarterfinal, the 19 year-old Dimitrov will add 45 ranking points to his balance.
His next opponent will be decided later today between Teymuraz Gabashvili, Russia, and Seed 5 Florian Mayer, Germany.
- » Mohamed Salah: Liverpool Forward Voted PFA Player of the Year 2017-18
- » Grigor Dimitrov Beat David Goffin in Quarter-finals
- » Breaking News: Arsen Wenger is Leaving Arsenal at the End of the Season
- » Grigor Dimitrov Reached the Quarter-finals in Monte Carlo
- » Dimitrov through in Monte Carlo
- » PSG are Ligue 1 Champions!