Bulgaria's Dimitrov Upsets Baghdatis in Munich
Grigor Dimitrov, Bulgaria's hot tennis prospect, surprisingly defeated Cyprus's Marcos Baghdatis in the prestigious BMW tournament in Munich.
The unseeded Dimitrov, currently 69th in the ATP ranking, took 2 hours and 11 minutes to rally past the former World No. 8, currently 25th, who looked highly vulnerable after losing the second-set in a tie-breaker. Baghdatis had two match points in the second-set, but he squandered both of them.
In the last set. Dimitrov broke the game of Baghdatis to 2-1 and after taking his service game another break lead the result to 4-1. Grigor had no problems to take his next service game by scoring his 8th ace to 5-1. The young Bulgarian took the 3rd set on his next service game 6-2.
For reaching his first ATP tour quarterfinal, the 19 year-old Dimitrov will add 45 ranking points to his balance.
His next opponent will be decided later today between Teymuraz Gabashvili, Russia, and Seed 5 Florian Mayer, Germany.
- » Ludogorets Faces Milan in the 1/16-finals of the Europa League
- » Borussia Dortmund Changed Coach after Eighth Game without Victory
- » Champions League Draw, Round of 16
- » Grigor Dimitrov Will Become Part of the World Team Against Australia
- » The Movement in the Center Sofia will be Limited Because of Installation of Christmas Decoration
- » The Match of the Season for Ludogorets in Europe