Bulgaria's Dimitrov Upsets Baghdatis in Munich
Grigor Dimitrov, Bulgaria's hot tennis prospect, surprisingly defeated Cyprus's Marcos Baghdatis in the prestigious BMW tournament in Munich.
The unseeded Dimitrov, currently 69th in the ATP ranking, took 2 hours and 11 minutes to rally past the former World No. 8, currently 25th, who looked highly vulnerable after losing the second-set in a tie-breaker. Baghdatis had two match points in the second-set, but he squandered both of them.
In the last set. Dimitrov broke the game of Baghdatis to 2-1 and after taking his service game another break lead the result to 4-1. Grigor had no problems to take his next service game by scoring his 8th ace to 5-1. The young Bulgarian took the 3rd set on his next service game 6-2.
For reaching his first ATP tour quarterfinal, the 19 year-old Dimitrov will add 45 ranking points to his balance.
His next opponent will be decided later today between Teymuraz Gabashvili, Russia, and Seed 5 Florian Mayer, Germany.
- » American Olympic Gymnast Revealed that the Team Doctor had Raped her
- » Football Super Star Lionel Messi Reached 100 Goals in the Champions League
- » Italy Against Sweden in FIFA World Cup Play-off
- » IBF Confirmed: Pulev Remains an Official Contender for the World Titles
- » Football Club "Malmö" FF Lifted the 20th Title of Sweden
- » Grigor Dimitrov Will Take Part in Tennis Tournament in Vienna