Easter Mass Returns to Old Bulgarian Capital after 618 Years
An Easter Mass in the old Bulgarian capital of Veliko Tarnovo is going to be served at the Tsarevets fortress for the first time in 618 years.
The mass will be held Saturday evening into Sunday outside the walls of the fortress, but within the patriarchy complex since the church in the medieval fortress is not canonized.
The service will be led by the Veliko Tarnovo Metropolitan Grigoriy, who is going to distribute the holy fire to the attendees.
The entire ceremony starts at 11 pm Saturday. The visitors of Tsarevets are to walk on a route marked by white ribbons and lit by 120 torches.
Mayor, Rumen Rachev, informs the City Hall has undertaken all necessary safety and security measures.
The joint idea of the Veliko Tarnovo clergy and the City Hall is to restore the tradition to hold masses at the location, dating from the Second Bulgarian Kingdom.
- » Summer festival OPERA OPEN 2017 - Plovdiv
- » Dance show NEO DERVISH at the ancient theater in Plovdiv
- » Artists Transform Facades into Works of Art in Bulgarian Seaside Town of Ahtopol
- » Three Bulgarian Women Painters with Exhibition at Arte Gallery
- » Rediscover Bulgaria Photo Exhibition on Lover's Bridge in Sofia
- » Rock Legend Sting to Perform in Bulgaria in September 16, 2017