Spring Snow Surprises Parts of Bulgaria
Two weeks before Easter, people in northeastern Bulgaria and the Rhodope mountains woke up under a cover of fresh snow.
Snow fell in the areas of the northeastern cities of Dobrich, Silistra, Shumen, the towns of Isperih and Tervel, and the mountain city of Smolyan, where the cover reached 1 cm.
Traffic police inform the roads have been cleaned, but warn drivers to be cautious, especially those who have already replaced their winter tires with summer ones.
Late snow is dangerous for orchards and spring vegetables.
Temperatures are expected to remain low for April during the entire week, according to forecasts, especially in eastern Bulgaria. Light rain is expected Wednesday and Thursday.
- » New Earthquake in Iran, Dozens were Injured
- » Good Weather over the Weekend, Next Week Begins with Snow
- » 3-Year Old Bear Was Shot Near the Village of Enina
- » Ministers Discuss the Air Pollution Problems in Bulgaria
- » Global Climate Change is Now Affecting Bulgarian Raspberry Yield
- » NIMH: It will be Mostly Sunny Over Most of the Country Today