Spring Snow Surprises Parts of Bulgaria
Two weeks before Easter, people in northeastern Bulgaria and the Rhodope mountains woke up under a cover of fresh snow.
Snow fell in the areas of the northeastern cities of Dobrich, Silistra, Shumen, the towns of Isperih and Tervel, and the mountain city of Smolyan, where the cover reached 1 cm.
Traffic police inform the roads have been cleaned, but warn drivers to be cautious, especially those who have already replaced their winter tires with summer ones.
Late snow is dangerous for orchards and spring vegetables.
Temperatures are expected to remain low for April during the entire week, according to forecasts, especially in eastern Bulgaria. Light rain is expected Wednesday and Thursday.
- » An Earthquake Shook Britain
- » A Powerful Earthquake in Mexico (Video)
- » Day Temperatures will Slightly Rise and Maximum Ones will Reach 6-11°C
- » Scientists have Discovered a Supervolcano
- » Clouds to Again Increase, Maximum Temperatures From 4°C to 9°C
- » Air Quality Monitoring Equipment to Be Installed in Sofia by 2019