Minister: Ukraine Works Against South Stream
The South Stream natural gas pipeline project is not in the best interest of Ukraine and the country is working against it, according to Ukrainian Minister of Energy Yuriy Boyko.
Boyko said his country is undergoing "tense discussions" with Russia, the main country supporting the project, set to deliver gas to southern and central Europe, bypassing Ukraine.
"South Stream is a political project of our Russian partners, who want to create an excess of transit capacities for gas, like what they did back in the day for oil," said the Ukrainian minister, quoted by MIGnews.
Boyko said that in collaboration with Ukraine's "EU partners," the country will be putting efforts so that in the end the pipeline be not built.
- » Centralised Heating for Sofia is Ready for the New Season
- » Public Discussions on Gas Extraction in the Dobrudzha Region
- » Random Inspections Indicate Good Preparation of Network Electric Operators for the Winter
- » Just One Marine Wind Turbine Farm can Power the Whole World
- » Large Scale Power Outages in Sofia from Today
- » Europe will Receive Azerbaijani Gas in 2020