Japanese Martial Arts Bring Back Memories to Bulgarian PM
Bulgaria's PM Boyko Borisov recalled his youth upon watching martial arts demonstrations in the ancient Japanese capital of Kamakura, as his official visit to Japan kicked off.
"The demonstrations reminded me of my youth. I was practicing martial arts for 20 years," Borisov said on Sunday. Several cultural activities were scheduled for the start of his Japanese visit.
The Bulgarian Prime Minister has 7th dan black belt in karate and is the chairman of the Bulgarian Karate Federation. Borisov has also been a coach for the Bulgarian national karate team for many years as well as an international karate referee.
On Sunday, Borisov was shown aikido and iaijutsu techniques. He will later witness a karate demonstration. The Bulgarian PM will also participate in the award ceremony for the year's first big sumo tournament in Tokyo.
Borissov is scheduled to confer with Japanese Prime Minister Naoto Kan, the Chairman of Nippon Keidanren Hiromasa Yonekura and the management of the Japan Bank for International Cooperation (JBIC).
The Bulgarian PM is accompanied by Ministers of Foreign Affairs Nikolay Mladenov, of Energy and Economy Traicho Traikov, of Culture Vezhdi Rashidov, and of Agriculture Miroslav Naydenov, who will meet their Japanese counterparts.
Some of the crucial aspects of the Bulgarian-Japanese relations in 2011 will be the economy and the investments in Bulgaria's industry and private sector, commented Japanese ambassador to Sofia Makoto Ito.
The high-level Bulgarian delegation's visit in Japan will continue until Wednesday.
- » Putin's Visit in Bulgaria will be Postponed for after March 2018
- » Theresa May goes on an Unexpected Visit to Brussels
- » Boris Johnson tells Zaharieva: 'I am Sure Bulgarian EU Presidency will be Very Successful'
- » Bulgaria’s Head of State Held Talks with the President of Azerbaijan
- » From January 1, 2018, there is going to be a Direct Flight Connection between Sofia and Baku
- » Head of State Rumen Radev is on an Official Visit to the Republic of Azerbaijan