Suspicions of FDM Alarm 2nd Bulgarian Village
There are suspicions of an animal having the foot-and-mouth decease (FMD) in a second Bulgarian village from the Strandzha region.
The news was reported late Saturday evening by the Mayor of the Black Sea town of Tsarevo, who confirmed there is a possibility of a sick animal in the Tsarevo municipality, in the village of Rezovo, but added the results of the tests are not yet ready.
Meanwhile, the Bulgarian National TV, BNT, aired a report, showing a herd of 20 buffalos from nearby Turkey, grazing meters from the Rezovo stables. Local people showed the journalist animals which have come from Turkey, by crossing the border Rezovska River, months ago.
The first case of FMD was first discovered 10 days ago in another Tsarevo municipality village – Kosti, after 12 years of Bulgaria managing to keep the decease away. It is believed FMD spread in Kosti from a wild hog, coming from Turkey.
Movement of domestic animals is banned in the Burgas Region, where the Tsarevo municipality is located.
- » The Bulgarian Branch of Lidl Introduces New Kielbasa and Sausage Standards
- » The Debt of Bulgaria for 2017 Amounts to BGN 25,064 Million
- » Removal of Illegal Establishments in Sunny Beach Continues
- » Gazprom will Build a $ 20 Billion Plant near the Baltic Sea
- » Air France KLM Shares All Amid More Strike Disruption
- » Spain is Richer than Italy, According to Data from the IMF