Transcript from 2nd Taped Call between Bulgarian PM, Customs Head
Transcript from the second conversation between Bulgarian Prime Minister, Boyko Borisov and the Director of the Customs Agency, Vanyo Tanov, alleging Borisov provided a cover-up for the owner of the "Ledenika" beer company, Mihail Mihov.
The recordings were released earlier Friday by the Galeria, a paper believed to be the mouthpiece of Aleksei Petrov, former special agent of the State National Security Agency DANS, (currently under house arrest), who has been investigated on organized crime charges since his detention in the much advertised "Operation Octopus" in February 2010.
The tapes reveal that Borisov had called Tanov with an order to immediately pull the tax agents out of the factory and that the "Ledenika" boss personally complained to the PM.
The transcripts are published by Novinite.com as they have been published by Galeria. The authenticity of the tapes is yet to be proven.
Conversation between Boyko Borisov and Vanyo Tanov
BB: What is going on?
VT: Well, I have not spoken with Djankov (Finance Minister), but I talked to our people.
VT: And I reached an agreement with them.
VT: I said for the materials to be kept with Toni Strandzhev, and called him.
VT: We will deal with it.
- » Defense Minister Attends Memorial Service for Bulgarian Rangers Killed in Kerbala in 2003
- » Bulgarian Ministries, Universities Owe BGN 23 M to Sofia Municipality
- » Bulgaria's DPS Leader Mestan Warns New Early Elections Could Be Looming
- » Junior Coalition Partner ABV Demands Debate on Judicial Reform
- » Deputy PM: Coalition Partners Have Retained Knee-Jerk Oppositional Reaction
- » French Ambassador Asks Social Policy Minister about Pension System Changes