Bulgarian Folk Singer Nadka Karadjova Passes Away
Bulgarian folk singer Nadka Karadjova passed away at the age of 73 on Monday.
The rich and various repertoire of Nadka Karadjova, who was a soprano, comprises more than 300 songs. She has taken part in the creation of 15 CDs.
She was part of Bulgaria's premier folk ensemble Filip Koutev. In her creative carrier, she has given over 14 000 concerts and 80 states abroad. She is a winner of many international prizes and prestigious honors in Bulgaria.
Besides being considered one of the best ever Bulgarian folk singers, Karadjova has gone down in history for quite an achievement - way back in the Cold War period, in 1979, a song of hers made it to BBC-2 chart with her song A Lambkin Has Commenced Bleating.
In 1994, her name was included in the Encyclopedia of World Music, issued in London.
- » Georgi Petkanov, Former Minister of Interior, Justice, Dies at 67
- » German Writer Günter Grass Dies Aged 87
- » Bulgarian Last King's Eldest Son Passes Away
- » Bulgaria Holds Day of National Mourning for Ex President Zhelyu Zhelev
- » Bulgarian Presidency Lays Condolence Book in Memory of Zhelyu Zhelev
- » International Media Pay Tribute to Late Bulgarian President Zhelyu Zhelev