Bulgarian Border Police Detain 4 Illegal Iraqis
Four illegal Iraqi immigrants have been arrested by Bulgarian border policemen while trying to cross into Bulgaria from Turkey.
Around 8 pm on Friday, Christmas Eve, the Bulgarian Border Police and the Turkish border authorities detected a group of 6 men close to the Matochina village near Svilengrad.
The group was on Turkish territory but four of the men tried to cross into Bulgaria, and were nabbed by the Bulgarian policemen right on the border line at 9:30 pm.
Iraqis are among the most frequent illegal immigrants arrested along Bulgaria's southeastern border with Turkey.
This is the third instance of detention of illegal Iraqi migrants by Bulgarian border authorities in December, bringing the total number of the detainees to a round 40.
- » Record Amount of Heroin Seized at Bulgarian-Romanian Border
- » The Man Injured During the Incident in Sofia’s Vitosha District Has His Life in Danger
- » 57-year-old Man Detained For the Murder of Two People in Sofia’s Vitosha District
- » Two Turkish Citizens Arrested for Drug Distribution in Special Police Raid
- » The Virus WannaCry Affected Computers In Sofia and Varna
- » Two Professors at University of Food Technologies Arrested For Racketeering