Bulgarian Border Police Detain 4 Illegal Iraqis
Four illegal Iraqi immigrants have been arrested by Bulgarian border policemen while trying to cross into Bulgaria from Turkey.
Around 8 pm on Friday, Christmas Eve, the Bulgarian Border Police and the Turkish border authorities detected a group of 6 men close to the Matochina village near Svilengrad.
The group was on Turkish territory but four of the men tried to cross into Bulgaria, and were nabbed by the Bulgarian policemen right on the border line at 9:30 pm.
Iraqis are among the most frequent illegal immigrants arrested along Bulgaria's southeastern border with Turkey.
This is the third instance of detention of illegal Iraqi migrants by Bulgarian border authorities in December, bringing the total number of the detainees to a round 40.
- » Man, 64, 'shot his 42-year-old wife in Sofia
- » Daughter of Tsvetan Vassilev Charged with Money Laundering
- » 1658 Liters of Illegal Alcohol was Detained on the Black Sea Coast
- » Macedonian Customs Officers Detained Bulgarian Car with 22kg Marijuana
- » A British Court Sentenced Bulgarian Heroin Trafficker to 14 Years in Prison
- » A US Student will go to Jail Because of Faked Voter Lists