Bulgarian Border Police Detain 6 Illegal Iraqi Immigrants
Bulgaria's border police have apprehended six Iraqi citizens who tried to illegally enter the country through the Bulgaria-Turkey border checkpoint at Kardam.
Around 2:30 am (GMT+2) on Wednesday, the police stopped a MER truck with a British license plate, driven by a 37-year old British citizen with the initials E.F. After a routine check was carried out, the Bulgarian policemen suspected he was hiding something.
A total of five men and one women were discovered in the back of vehicle. Four of them have been found out to be registered in Bulgaria's National Refugee Agency.
The driver and the illegal passengers are still detained, an investigation is currently going on.
- » Minister Valentin Radev: Burgas Has Highest Criminality
- » Record Amount of Heroin Seized at Bulgarian-Romanian Border
- » The Man Injured During the Incident in Sofia’s Vitosha District Has His Life in Danger
- » 57-year-old Man Detained For the Murder of Two People in Sofia’s Vitosha District
- » Two Turkish Citizens Arrested for Drug Distribution in Special Police Raid
- » The Virus WannaCry Affected Computers In Sofia and Varna