Bulgarian Border Police Detain 6 Illegal Iraqi Immigrants
Bulgaria's border police have apprehended six Iraqi citizens who tried to illegally enter the country through the Bulgaria-Turkey border checkpoint at Kardam.
Around 2:30 am (GMT+2) on Wednesday, the police stopped a MER truck with a British license plate, driven by a 37-year old British citizen with the initials E.F. After a routine check was carried out, the Bulgarian policemen suspected he was hiding something.
A total of five men and one women were discovered in the back of vehicle. Four of them have been found out to be registered in Bulgaria's National Refugee Agency.
The driver and the illegal passengers are still detained, an investigation is currently going on.
- » 50 Mobsters Arrested in Southern Italy
- » Eight People were Arrested for Drug Trafficking in Mladost Quarter of Sofia
- » Crime Group Involved in Drug Distribution Was Detained on Trakia Motorway
- » Police Found 40 Illegal Migrants in Sofia
- » Customs and Border Police Officers Prevented an Attempt for Smuggling of 1,551 boxes Cigarettes
- » Police in Varna Disrupted a Scheme for False Medical Documents