Bulgarian Border Police Detain 6 Illegal Iraqi Immigrants
Bulgaria's border police have apprehended six Iraqi citizens who tried to illegally enter the country through the Bulgaria-Turkey border checkpoint at Kardam.
Around 2:30 am (GMT+2) on Wednesday, the police stopped a MER truck with a British license plate, driven by a 37-year old British citizen with the initials E.F. After a routine check was carried out, the Bulgarian policemen suspected he was hiding something.
A total of five men and one women were discovered in the back of vehicle. Four of them have been found out to be registered in Bulgaria's National Refugee Agency.
The driver and the illegal passengers are still detained, an investigation is currently going on.
- » Russia Could Have Laundered Up to USD 80 B Via Moldova, Latvia
- » E-mails About Non-existent Debt Steal Personal Data, Passwords
- » Drunk Man Tries to Steal a Car with Small child in Sofia
- » Migrant Injured as Border Police Chase Smugglers' Car
- » Three Bombs Explode in Central Sofia, Police Looking into Hooliganism
- » Bulgaria's Ex-Ambassador to US Quits Warsaw Job after Cosmetics Incident - JTA