Borisov, Putin Start Tete-a-Tete Meeting in Sofia
The much anticipated tete-a-tete meeting of the Prime Ministers of Bulgaria and Russia in Sofia began at 4 pm local time on Saturday.
This when Putin arrived at the Councils of Ministers building in downtown Sofia after he landed at the Sofia International Airport with a 1.5-hour delay.
The talks between Borisov and Putin and their respective delegations will focus on energy – the three large-scale joint energy projects – the South Stream gas transit pipeline, the Belene Nuclear Power Plant, and the Burgas-Alexandroupolis oil pipeline.
Another energy issue on the agenda is the price of Russian natural gas supplies for Bulgaria, which Gazprom made it clear it was ready to reduce by 5-7%.
Bulgarian Prime Minister Borisov has made it clear that he also wanted the talks with Putin to include the opportunities for boosting the exports of Bulgarian foods, drinks, cigarettes and consumer products to Russia.
- » Boyko Borisov Vows Direct Flight Sofia-United Arab Emirates in 2015
- » Hamas, Fatah 'to Form Unity Government'
- » Atanas Paparizov Elected Head of Bulgaria's Permanent Mission to WTO
- » Bulgaria's President to Attend Double Canonization at the Vatican
- » President Plevneliev, Vice-President Biden Discuss Ukraine
- » Ukraine, EU, Russia, US Strike Deal in Geneva