Borisov, Putin Start Tete-a-Tete Meeting in Sofia
The much anticipated tete-a-tete meeting of the Prime Ministers of Bulgaria and Russia in Sofia began at 4 pm local time on Saturday.
This when Putin arrived at the Councils of Ministers building in downtown Sofia after he landed at the Sofia International Airport with a 1.5-hour delay.
The talks between Borisov and Putin and their respective delegations will focus on energy – the three large-scale joint energy projects – the South Stream gas transit pipeline, the Belene Nuclear Power Plant, and the Burgas-Alexandroupolis oil pipeline.
Another energy issue on the agenda is the price of Russian natural gas supplies for Bulgaria, which Gazprom made it clear it was ready to reduce by 5-7%.
Bulgarian Prime Minister Borisov has made it clear that he also wanted the talks with Putin to include the opportunities for boosting the exports of Bulgarian foods, drinks, cigarettes and consumer products to Russia.
- » Hungarian Prime Minister Orban Arrives on an Official Visit to Sofia
- » Ekaterina Zaharieva: Bulgaria will not be Just the "Territory" for the EU-Turkey Summit
- » Boris Johnson: London is Destination No. 1 for Bulgarian Students
- » Krasimir Karakachanov Held a Meeting with US Secretary of Defense James Matisse
- » President Rumen Radev Left for a Visit to the Republic of Macedonia
- » German Chancellor Angela Merkel and Turkish Prime Minister Binali Yıldırım Discuss Political Relations