Sofia Police Arrests 3 ATM Skimmers, 1 Bank Robber
Three people have been arrested in Sofia early Saturday morning while trying to illegally withdraw money from an ATM, Interior Minister, Tsvetan Tsvetanov, says.
They have been identified as Yordan Ivanov, 28, Edi Bonev, 23, and Nikolay Tsakov, 22. Ivanov has a criminal record for disorderly conduct, fraud and theft.
The police seized six fake debit cards, and the BGN 1 300 the three were able to withdraw before the arrest.
In another case, Tsvetanov said Simeon Nikolov, 29, has been arrested also early Saturday in the "Ovcha Kupel" district while trying to rob a bank.
Nikolov has a suspended sentence for robbery. He was caught after the bank alarm signaled the police.
- » 15 People were Detained in an Operation of the GDBOP in Veliko Tarnovo
- » Illegal Cigarette Factory with Workers from Bulgaria and Ukraine was Discovered in Spain
- » Swedish Police Bust International Begging Ring
- » Six were Killed in a Bomb Attack in Pakistan
- » 8 were Killed and 10 Injured in a Minibus Explosion in the Syrian city of Homs
- » Shooting at Corsica Airport, One Killed and Two Others Injured