Sofia Police Arrests 3 ATM Skimmers, 1 Bank Robber
Three people have been arrested in Sofia early Saturday morning while trying to illegally withdraw money from an ATM, Interior Minister, Tsvetan Tsvetanov, says.
They have been identified as Yordan Ivanov, 28, Edi Bonev, 23, and Nikolay Tsakov, 22. Ivanov has a criminal record for disorderly conduct, fraud and theft.
The police seized six fake debit cards, and the BGN 1 300 the three were able to withdraw before the arrest.
In another case, Tsvetanov said Simeon Nikolov, 29, has been arrested also early Saturday in the "Ovcha Kupel" district while trying to rob a bank.
Nikolov has a suspended sentence for robbery. He was caught after the bank alarm signaled the police.
- » Court to Sit on Detention Measures Imposed over KTB Affair
- » Police Working on Two Versions for Botevgrad's Businessman Murder
- » Businessman Shot Dead in Bulgaria's Botevgrad
- » KTB's CEO, Chief Accountant Interrogated Again in Embezzlement Probe
- » Milan Court Upholds 20-Year Jail Term for Alleged Bulgarian Drug Lord
- » Varna Regional Mayor Released on Bail