REAL-LIFE IMAGES OF A MAN DYING FROM LUNG CANCER ARE BEING USED IN A H...
World | July 24, 2002, Wednesday // 00:00| Views: 2265 | Comments: 0
Real-life images of a man dying from lung cancer are being used in a hard-hitting anti-smoking campaign launched in France. The health warning, which screened on television for the first time Monday, depicts an emaciated 49-year-old man sitting on his bed, five days before his death in 1999. The dying man, Richard Gourlain, was filmed by his wife. He was keen that the footage was used to discourage others from smoking. The images are accompanied by a voice which says: "This is just a smoker, who started at 14, when you think you're immortal. He could never stop."World » Be a reporter: Write and send your article Expats.bg All Are Welcome! Join Now!
- » EU Moves to Extend Russia Sanctions over Ukraine
- » Russia Suspends Its Participation in PACE Until End of Year
- » EP's Schulz Criticises Tsipras of Splitting Common EU Stance on Russia
- » EU Foreign Ministers to Discuss Further Sanctions Against Russia
- » New Greek Govt Objects to EU Call for Further Sanctions on Russia
- » Gazprom Plans to Start Pumping Gas to Turkey via New Pipeline in Dec 2016