REAL-LIFE IMAGES OF A MAN DYING FROM LUNG CANCER ARE BEING USED IN A H...
World | July 24, 2002, Wednesday // 00:00| Views: 2271 | Comments: 0
Real-life images of a man dying from lung cancer are being used in a hard-hitting anti-smoking campaign launched in France. The health warning, which screened on television for the first time Monday, depicts an emaciated 49-year-old man sitting on his bed, five days before his death in 1999. The dying man, Richard Gourlain, was filmed by his wife. He was keen that the footage was used to discourage others from smoking. The images are accompanied by a voice which says: "This is just a smoker, who started at 14, when you think you're immortal. He could never stop."World » Be a reporter: Write and send your article Expats.bg All Are Welcome! Join Now!
- » Bulgaria Signs Protocol on EU’s Readmission Agreement with Turkey
- » Turkey PM to Stand Down after Party Congress in May
- » Davutoglu's Future as Turkey PM Unclear As AKP Congress Scheduled
- » ECB to Stop Producing EUR 500 Note
- » EU Recommends Visa-Free Travel for Turkish Citizens
- » EU Proposes to Extend Border Controls inside Schengen Area
Please, log in to post a comment.
» To the forumComments (0)