REAL-LIFE IMAGES OF A MAN DYING FROM LUNG CANCER ARE BEING USED IN A H...
World | July 24, 2002, Wednesday // 00:00| Views: 2248 | Comments: 0
Real-life images of a man dying from lung cancer are being used in a hard-hitting anti-smoking campaign launched in France. The health warning, which screened on television for the first time Monday, depicts an emaciated 49-year-old man sitting on his bed, five days before his death in 1999. The dying man, Richard Gourlain, was filmed by his wife. He was keen that the footage was used to discourage others from smoking. The images are accompanied by a voice which says: "This is just a smoker, who started at 14, when you think you're immortal. He could never stop."World » Be a reporter: Write and send your article Expats.bg All Are Welcome! Join Now!
- » CoE: Grey Economy Results in Losses of EUR 40 B per year in Romania
- » Slovenia Re-Launches Privatization of 15 State-Owned Companies
- » Russia Forced to Pay USD 50 B to Former Yukos Owners
- » Romania, US to Launch Observation Flights over Russia, Belarus
- » Greek Civil Servants to Stage Strike in Athens
- » Hamas Agrees to New 24-Hour Ceasefire in Gaza