World Wrestling Entertainment Signs 'The Bashing Bulgarian'
25-year-old Miroslav Makarov has become the first Bulgarian to enter professional entertainment wrestling as he got a contract with WWE.
The largest professional wrestling company, the US-based World Wrestling Entertainment (WWE) has signed "The Bashing Bulgarian" Miroslav to a developmental contract, reported the Wrestling Observer Newsletter.
The 6-foot 2-inch Miroslav is a native of the Southern Bulgarian city of Plovdiv but presently resides at Torrance, California.
He has been trained by Gangrel and Rikishi, among others, at the Knokx Pro Wrestling Academy in Burbank, California.
The Wrestling Observer Newsletter reports "the Bashing Bulgarian" is WWE's second acquistion from Knokx Pro, following Alberto Del Rio's personal ring announcer Ricardo Rodriguez.
A video of the training of the Bashing Bulgarian is available on YouTube HERE
Bulgarian entertainment wrestling websites have published Tweeter messages by some of Miroslav's trainers at Knokx Pro about the news of his contract with WWE.
The Black Pearl : Congrats my friend now go make some noice Yo- Miroslav Bulgaria Knokx Pro
wrestlingworld (re-tweeted from Rikishi) : @TheREALRIKISHI: @MiroslavBasher Wwe feel the bulgarian from knokxpro , He a pitbull, Congrats the dream has come ,Now its up to you
- » Bulgarian Appointed as Coach of Maldives National Football Team
- » Bulgaria's Dimitrov Loses to Andy Murray in Australian Open 1/8 Finals
- » Grigor Dimitrov Beats Baghdatis, Reaches Australian Open 1/8 Finals
- » Bulgaria's Tsvetana Pironkova Crashes Out of Australian Open
- » Bulgaria's Grigor Dimitrov Proceeds to Third Round in Melbourne
- » Tsvetana Pironkova Defeats Heather Watson in Australian Open First Round