Bulgarian Police Bust Illegal Treasure Hunting Group
Employees of Bulgaria's Unit for Combating Organized Crime (GDBOP) busted a group of illegal treasure hunters, the Interior Ministry press office informs Thursday.
The group was acting in the area of the antique settlement in the vicinity of the village of Koshava near the northwestern Danube city of Vidin and dealt with illegal archeology digs and illegal trading of antiques.
The special operation was carried out Wednesday and three men, 39, 42 and 44, were arrested.
The raid at their residencies in Vidin discovered 26 coins dating form the time of the Ottoman Empire and from Antiquity, antique bronze vessels, metal detectors and an illegal gas pistol.
The seized objects are examined by experts and the probe in the case continues.
- » Police is Checking a Suspicious Luggage at Varna Airport
- » Number of Crimes Registered In Sofia Down
- » Migrant Smuggling Network Dismantled Near Dunav Bridge Checkpoint
- » Man’s Body Found in Front of Residential Building in Sofia, Regions is Closed Off
- » Car Explodes in Yahinovo Village, One Person Detained
- » Sofia Regional Prosecutor’s Office Detains 49-year-old Man Accused of Murder in Etropole Town