Bulgarian Police Bust Illegal Treasure Hunting Group
Employees of Bulgaria's Unit for Combating Organized Crime (GDBOP) busted a group of illegal treasure hunters, the Interior Ministry press office informs Thursday.
The group was acting in the area of the antique settlement in the vicinity of the village of Koshava near the northwestern Danube city of Vidin and dealt with illegal archeology digs and illegal trading of antiques.
The special operation was carried out Wednesday and three men, 39, 42 and 44, were arrested.
The raid at their residencies in Vidin discovered 26 coins dating form the time of the Ottoman Empire and from Antiquity, antique bronze vessels, metal detectors and an illegal gas pistol.
The seized objects are examined by experts and the probe in the case continues.
- » Arrested Suspect for the Attacks in Munich Earlier Today
- » Man goes to Court in Sofia for Trying to Sell Protected Specie Turtle
- » A Dog Trader Grows Nearly 300 Animals in an Illegal Kennel
- » The Authorities Seized a Painting by Salvador Dali from Art Smugglers
- » Between 10-15% of Young People in Bulgaria Fall Victims to Human Trafficking
- » Thousands of Textile Products with the Logo of Famous Brands were Detained аt Kapitan Andreevo