Bulgarian Police Bust Illegal Treasure Hunting Group
Employees of Bulgaria's Unit for Combating Organized Crime (GDBOP) busted a group of illegal treasure hunters, the Interior Ministry press office informs Thursday.
The group was acting in the area of the antique settlement in the vicinity of the village of Koshava near the northwestern Danube city of Vidin and dealt with illegal archeology digs and illegal trading of antiques.
The special operation was carried out Wednesday and three men, 39, 42 and 44, were arrested.
The raid at their residencies in Vidin discovered 26 coins dating form the time of the Ottoman Empire and from Antiquity, antique bronze vessels, metal detectors and an illegal gas pistol.
The seized objects are examined by experts and the probe in the case continues.
- » EUR 85,500 were Seized at Sofia Airport
- » Corpse of a Woman Without Head, Arms and Legs was Found in Copenhagen
- » Customs Officers Discovered Nearly 1kg of Contraband Gold Jewelry in a Secret Compartment of a Truck
- » Young Girl Found Dead in Elevator in Burgas
- » Man, 64, 'shot his 42-year-old wife in Sofia
- » Daughter of Tsvetan Vassilev Charged with Money Laundering