Bulgaria's bTV Media Presents Own Radio Group
The new brand of the Bulgarian media company bTV Media Group, bTV Radio Group, will unite six radio stations that have been established on the Bulgarian market in the past few years.
bTV Media Group owns the largest private TV station in Bulgaria, bTV, as well as cable channels bTV Comedy, bTV Cinema, PRO.BG, RING.BG and numerous Internet projects.
bTV was set up in 2000 by Rupert Murdoch's News Corporation. In April 2010, bTV Media Group was acquired for a total of USD 400 M plus a payment of USD 13 M for a working capital adjustmnent by Central European Media Enterprises (CME), which is a company, specializing in broadcast, content and Internet operations in Central and Eastern Europe.
The sale is the third large deal on the Bulgarian TV market for the last two years after the US Central European Media Enterprises bought the cable TV2 and Ring for EUR 110 M, and the Swedish MTG Group acquired Nova TV for EUR 620 M.
The logo of the new brand will be “bTV Radio Group – more than a radio!” and its main advantages will be the musical genre diversity and the distinction between the different audiences of the radio stations N-Joy, Z-Rock, Melody, 101.1 Pro FM Sofia, Jazz FM and Classic FM.
- » Panama Papers: First 'Politically Exposed' Bulgarian Name Emerges
- » US-EU Energy Council Backs Bulgaria-Greece Gas Link
- » Bulgarian Govt Proposes to Ban Sale of Two Key Arms Firms
- » AlixPartners Accuse Corpbank Owner of Taking Money from His Bank
- » Receivers Make Public AlixPartners’ Final Report on Bulgaria’s Insolvent KTB
- » Bulgaria Air Adds Weekly Flights to Lisbon, Alicante from Sofia