Bulgaria's bTV Media Presents Own Radio Group
The new brand of the Bulgarian media company bTV Media Group, bTV Radio Group, will unite six radio stations that have been established on the Bulgarian market in the past few years.
bTV Media Group owns the largest private TV station in Bulgaria, bTV, as well as cable channels bTV Comedy, bTV Cinema, PRO.BG, RING.BG and numerous Internet projects.
bTV was set up in 2000 by Rupert Murdoch's News Corporation. In April 2010, bTV Media Group was acquired for a total of USD 400 M plus a payment of USD 13 M for a working capital adjustmnent by Central European Media Enterprises (CME), which is a company, specializing in broadcast, content and Internet operations in Central and Eastern Europe.
The sale is the third large deal on the Bulgarian TV market for the last two years after the US Central European Media Enterprises bought the cable TV2 and Ring for EUR 110 M, and the Swedish MTG Group acquired Nova TV for EUR 620 M.
The logo of the new brand will be “bTV Radio Group – more than a radio!” and its main advantages will be the musical genre diversity and the distinction between the different audiences of the radio stations N-Joy, Z-Rock, Melody, 101.1 Pro FM Sofia, Jazz FM and Classic FM.
- » Regional Minister Popnikolov To Discuss Building Sanitation Programme With BDB, Municipalities
- » Deputy PM Yanev: Kostov Used His Influence To Appoint People
- » Consultative Council on South Gas Corridor To Meet in Baku
- » State Ventures To Invest 50% of 2016 Profits on Behalf of Bulgaria
- » Azerbaijan Waiting for Bulgaria To Construct Gas Link With Greece
- » Foreign Investments in Bulgaria Shrink by 60% at End-2016