Bulgarian Police Recover Archaeology Finds
Bulgarian police recovered around 380 antique artifacts after a search in private homes in Sofia and a village nearby Vratsa, detaining five persons under suspicion of illegal treasure hunting.
The objects include decorated cups, parts of weapons such as arrows and blades, as well as various metal and stone objects and 40 old coins.
Police continue to document the activities of the alleged treasure hunting band.
In mid-July the Bulgarian police seized more than 100 coins during an operation against illegal activities with cultural and historical valuables, detaining two persons. In the following days they arrested two more individuals on suspicion of trafficking with antiques.
- » Police is Checking a Suspicious Luggage at Varna Airport
- » Number of Crimes Registered In Sofia Down
- » Migrant Smuggling Network Dismantled Near Dunav Bridge Checkpoint
- » Man’s Body Found in Front of Residential Building in Sofia, Regions is Closed Off
- » Car Explodes in Yahinovo Village, One Person Detained
- » Sofia Regional Prosecutor’s Office Detains 49-year-old Man Accused of Murder in Etropole Town