Bulgarian Police Recover Archaeology Finds
Bulgarian police recovered around 380 antique artifacts after a search in private homes in Sofia and a village nearby Vratsa, detaining five persons under suspicion of illegal treasure hunting.
The objects include decorated cups, parts of weapons such as arrows and blades, as well as various metal and stone objects and 40 old coins.
Police continue to document the activities of the alleged treasure hunting band.
In mid-July the Bulgarian police seized more than 100 coins during an operation against illegal activities with cultural and historical valuables, detaining two persons. In the following days they arrested two more individuals on suspicion of trafficking with antiques.
- » Russia Could Have Laundered Up to USD 80 B Via Moldova, Latvia
- » E-mails About Non-existent Debt Steal Personal Data, Passwords
- » Drunk Man Tries to Steal a Car with Small child in Sofia
- » Migrant Injured as Border Police Chase Smugglers' Car
- » Three Bombs Explode in Central Sofia, Police Looking into Hooliganism
- » Bulgaria's Ex-Ambassador to US Quits Warsaw Job after Cosmetics Incident - JTA