Bulgarian Police Recover Archaeology Finds
Bulgarian police recovered around 380 antique artifacts after a search in private homes in Sofia and a village nearby Vratsa, detaining five persons under suspicion of illegal treasure hunting.
The objects include decorated cups, parts of weapons such as arrows and blades, as well as various metal and stone objects and 40 old coins.
Police continue to document the activities of the alleged treasure hunting band.
In mid-July the Bulgarian police seized more than 100 coins during an operation against illegal activities with cultural and historical valuables, detaining two persons. In the following days they arrested two more individuals on suspicion of trafficking with antiques.
- » At Least 23 Civilians from One Family were Killed by the US Coalition in Syria Air Strike
- » Police Probe Attempted Arson Against Jewish Chapel in Malmö
- » 15 People were Detained in an Operation of the GDBOP in Veliko Tarnovo
- » Illegal Cigarette Factory with Workers from Bulgaria and Ukraine was Discovered in Spain
- » Swedish Police Bust International Begging Ring
- » Six were Killed in a Bomb Attack in Pakistan