Bulgarian Police Recover Archaeology Finds
Bulgarian police recovered around 380 antique artifacts after a search in private homes in Sofia and a village nearby Vratsa, detaining five persons under suspicion of illegal treasure hunting.
The objects include decorated cups, parts of weapons such as arrows and blades, as well as various metal and stone objects and 40 old coins.
Police continue to document the activities of the alleged treasure hunting band.
In mid-July the Bulgarian police seized more than 100 coins during an operation against illegal activities with cultural and historical valuables, detaining two persons. In the following days they arrested two more individuals on suspicion of trafficking with antiques.
- » 23 Customs Officers Detained at Kulata Checkpoint in an Anticorruption Operation
- » Bulgarian Student Found Dead in Ukraine
- » Bulgarian Police Bust Super Modern Greenhouse for Growing Marijuana
- » Bulgarian Man Grievously Injured After He Was Hit by Car in Birkirkara
- » 4 Syrians Face Terrorism Charges in Germany
- » Arrests in Sofia Over Sale of Driver's Licenses