Bulgarian Police Recover Archaeology Finds
Bulgarian police recovered around 380 antique artifacts after a search in private homes in Sofia and a village nearby Vratsa, detaining five persons under suspicion of illegal treasure hunting.
The objects include decorated cups, parts of weapons such as arrows and blades, as well as various metal and stone objects and 40 old coins.
Police continue to document the activities of the alleged treasure hunting band.
In mid-July the Bulgarian police seized more than 100 coins during an operation against illegal activities with cultural and historical valuables, detaining two persons. In the following days they arrested two more individuals on suspicion of trafficking with antiques.
- » EUR 85,500 were Seized at Sofia Airport
- » Corpse of a Woman Without Head, Arms and Legs was Found in Copenhagen
- » Customs Officers Discovered Nearly 1kg of Contraband Gold Jewelry in a Secret Compartment of a Truck
- » Young Girl Found Dead in Elevator in Burgas
- » Man, 64, 'shot his 42-year-old wife in Sofia
- » Daughter of Tsvetan Vassilev Charged with Money Laundering