Bulgaria's Burgas Airport Welcomes Millionth Passenger
Eileen Nischik, who arrived at Burgas Airport on the Bulgarian Black Sea coast 11.12 EET from Cologne, Germany, turned out to be the airport's one-millionth passenger for 2010.
The 23-year-old German comes with her boyfriend Torsten Dormann to spend a week in Black Sea resort town of Obzor.
The lucky traveler and her friend were serviced in the airport's VIP hall and greeted by the airport director Georgi Chipilski in a special ceremony.
This is the eighth year that the Burgas Airport celebrates the arrival of its millionth yearly passenger. Up to now, the airport has registered a 8% growth of the number of people traveling through it.
Traditionally, German tourists have had the largest share among them.
- » Bulgaria, Romania to Offer Joint Spa Holiday Packages from 2016
- » Bulgarians Made More Business, Holiday Trips Abroad in April
- » Bulgarians Completed Less Tourist Trips in First Quarter of 2015
- » Minister Expects 5 % Rise in French Tourists to Bulgaria after Louvre Exhibition
- » Bulgarian Tourist Attractions to Appear in Online Register
- » Minister Expects Increase of Last Minute Russian Tourists to Bulgaria