Bulgaria's Burgas Airport Welcomes Millionth Passenger
Eileen Nischik, who arrived at Burgas Airport on the Bulgarian Black Sea coast 11.12 EET from Cologne, Germany, turned out to be the airport's one-millionth passenger for 2010.
The 23-year-old German comes with her boyfriend Torsten Dormann to spend a week in Black Sea resort town of Obzor.
The lucky traveler and her friend were serviced in the airport's VIP hall and greeted by the airport director Georgi Chipilski in a special ceremony.
This is the eighth year that the Burgas Airport celebrates the arrival of its millionth yearly passenger. Up to now, the airport has registered a 8% growth of the number of people traveling through it.
Traditionally, German tourists have had the largest share among them.
- » Bulgaria's Northern Coast Preferred by Romanians on Easter
- » Bulgarians To Spend BGN 300 M on Easter Travels
- » Turkish Airlines Launches Direct Flights Varna – Istanbul
- » 500,000 Bulgarians to Travel During Easter Holidays
- » Bulgaria Is Romanian Tourists' All Inclusive Paradise
- » Climate Change Poses Threat to Ski Tourism in Bulgaria - Report