Bulgaria's Burgas Airport Welcomes Millionth Passenger
Eileen Nischik, who arrived at Burgas Airport on the Bulgarian Black Sea coast 11.12 EET from Cologne, Germany, turned out to be the airport's one-millionth passenger for 2010.
The 23-year-old German comes with her boyfriend Torsten Dormann to spend a week in Black Sea resort town of Obzor.
The lucky traveler and her friend were serviced in the airport's VIP hall and greeted by the airport director Georgi Chipilski in a special ceremony.
This is the eighth year that the Burgas Airport celebrates the arrival of its millionth yearly passenger. Up to now, the airport has registered a 8% growth of the number of people traveling through it.
Traditionally, German tourists have had the largest share among them.
- » Plovdiv Airport to Receive Chartered Flights from Turkey
- » Bulgaria's Winter Resorts Open Ski Season
- » Ski Legend Girardelli to Advise Bulgaria’s Tourism Minister
- » Bulgaria May Advertise As Tourist Destination In Spain
- » Bulgaria to Ease Visa Issuing for Turkish Tourists During Winter
- » Bulgaria To Create E-Registry of Its Tourist Destinations