Bulgarian Customs Nab 73 Illegal Immigrants in Truck
Bulgarian customs agents have discovered 73 illegal immigrants hidden in a refrigerator trucks, the Customs Agency has announced.
The illegal immigrants, including two women and two children under 10, were hidden in a Volvo truck with Bulgarian license plates and a Greek driver transporting water-melons from Greece to the town of Debrecen, Hungary.
They were busted at the Greek-Bulgarian border, at the Kulata border crossing point with the use of x-raying equipment.
The illegal immigrants were hidden in a special secret compartment with air conditioning. They are found to have come from Afghanistan, Pakistan, and Sri Lanka. The border police and the customs are investigating the human trafficking attempt.
- » Russia Could Have Laundered Up to USD 80 B Via Moldova, Latvia
- » E-mails About Non-existent Debt Steal Personal Data, Passwords
- » Drunk Man Tries to Steal a Car with Small child in Sofia
- » Migrant Injured as Border Police Chase Smugglers' Car
- » Three Bombs Explode in Central Sofia, Police Looking into Hooliganism
- » Bulgaria's Ex-Ambassador to US Quits Warsaw Job after Cosmetics Incident - JTA