Bulgarian Customs Nab 73 Illegal Immigrants in Truck
Bulgarian customs agents have discovered 73 illegal immigrants hidden in a refrigerator trucks, the Customs Agency has announced.
The illegal immigrants, including two women and two children under 10, were hidden in a Volvo truck with Bulgarian license plates and a Greek driver transporting water-melons from Greece to the town of Debrecen, Hungary.
They were busted at the Greek-Bulgarian border, at the Kulata border crossing point with the use of x-raying equipment.
The illegal immigrants were hidden in a special secret compartment with air conditioning. They are found to have come from Afghanistan, Pakistan, and Sri Lanka. The border police and the customs are investigating the human trafficking attempt.
- » 21 States Were Subjected to Russian Hacker Attacks During the US Elections
- » 50 Mobsters Arrested in Southern Italy
- » Eight People were Arrested for Drug Trafficking in Mladost Quarter of Sofia
- » Crime Group Involved in Drug Distribution Was Detained on Trakia Motorway
- » Police Found 40 Illegal Migrants in Sofia
- » Customs and Border Police Officers Prevented an Attempt for Smuggling of 1,551 boxes Cigarettes