Bulgarian Customs Nab 73 Illegal Immigrants in Truck
Bulgarian customs agents have discovered 73 illegal immigrants hidden in a refrigerator trucks, the Customs Agency has announced.
The illegal immigrants, including two women and two children under 10, were hidden in a Volvo truck with Bulgarian license plates and a Greek driver transporting water-melons from Greece to the town of Debrecen, Hungary.
They were busted at the Greek-Bulgarian border, at the Kulata border crossing point with the use of x-raying equipment.
The illegal immigrants were hidden in a special secret compartment with air conditioning. They are found to have come from Afghanistan, Pakistan, and Sri Lanka. The border police and the customs are investigating the human trafficking attempt.
- » About 10 Cars Burn Down at a Parking Lot on Montevideo Str.
- » Man and Woman Detained For the Murder of the Taxi Driver in Varna
- » Taxi Driver Found Dead In His car in the Region of Varna
- » Customs Officers Found 3720 kg of Acetic Anhydride Hidden in Trucks Carrying Apples from Serbia to Iraq
- » Bulgaria’s Border Police Breakes Up Criminal Group Manufacturing Counterfeit Identification Documents
- » Airports and Nuclear Power Stations on Terror Alert