Bulgarian Customs Nab 73 Illegal Immigrants in Truck
Bulgarian customs agents have discovered 73 illegal immigrants hidden in a refrigerator trucks, the Customs Agency has announced.
The illegal immigrants, including two women and two children under 10, were hidden in a Volvo truck with Bulgarian license plates and a Greek driver transporting water-melons from Greece to the town of Debrecen, Hungary.
They were busted at the Greek-Bulgarian border, at the Kulata border crossing point with the use of x-raying equipment.
The illegal immigrants were hidden in a special secret compartment with air conditioning. They are found to have come from Afghanistan, Pakistan, and Sri Lanka. The border police and the customs are investigating the human trafficking attempt.
- » Nearly 100 000 Leva are Stolen from an ATM in Pleven
- » 10 Officials of Automobile Administration Agency Detained over Corruption
- » 175 illegal Migrants Caught at the Bulgarian Border in March
- » NYT: Toronto Van Driver Kills at Least 10 People
- » Smuggling of Cigarettes in Bulgaria is Currently 6.6%
- » Iraqi Woman Tried to Enter Romania with a Passport Bought in Bulgaria