Greek 'Aktor' to Build Lot 3 of Bulgaria's 'Trakiya' Highway
Bulgaria's Road Infrastructure Agency (API) had ranked as number one the bid of the Greek company Aktor to build Lot 3 of the “Trakiya” highway.
Greece's Aktor placed the lowest price offer of EUR 111.6 M in a tender for the construction of 35.7 kilometers of Bulgaria's Trakiya highway, that would link the town of Nova Zagora and the city of Yambol, in southern Bulgaria. 10 other companies place bids and 4 were discarded during the first stage of the procedure. The reasons for rejecting their offers have not yet been made public.
“Aktor's” selection by API must be confirmed by the Bulgarian managers of the Operational Program “Transport” at the Transport Ministry, because Lot 3 involves EU financing.
Earlier Tuesday API opened the bids for the construction of the last 47.7km section of the Trakiya highway, Lot 4, which will link the city of Yambol and the town of Karnobat.
Thirteen companies filed bids in the tender for the construction of the stretch, which is projected to cost about EUR 146 M.
Construction works of what is the last stretch of the highway are scheduled to start in September.
Though still under construction Trakiya is the Bulgarian highway project which is closest to completion. It will connect the capital Sofia with the Black Sea city of Burgas. A total of 328 km of the 443-km highway have already been built.
- » 1438 Square Meters of Concrete were Removed from the Seaside of Sunny Beach Resort
- » Bulgaria’s Q4 Household Spending Rises 13%
- » Environment Minister Signs Contracts for Construction of Waste Handling Plants
- » UK to Seek EU Mutual Recognition Deal For Financial Services
- » Bitcoin is Currently over $10,000
- » Liza Minnelli Auctions Cabaret Outfit in Huge 'Downsizing' Sale