Citigroup Set to Complete Bulgaria State Tobacco Firm Analysis
Bulgaria’s Energy, Economy and Tourism Minister, Traicho Traikov, has revealed that the legal analysis and privatization evaluation of the state tobacco company Bulgartabac will be completed in the next 50 days.
Traikov revealed that there had been a 2 month delay in the process due to an appeal by a contestant in the bid to become the official consultant, after Citigroup Global Markets Limited was awarded the role in February. He also added that a buyer for Bulgartabac would probably be chosen by the end of the year.
The Bulgarian Privatization Agency announced in February that Citigroup Global Markets Limited had been picked after four companies had originally bid for the consultant role including a tie-in between KBC Securities and Tokushev & Co, Raiffeisen investments- Kamburov and Renaissance Securities.
Citigroup Global Markets Limited represents the European investment banking arm of US-based financial services giant Citigroup. Its activities include underwriting equities and fixed-income products, equity research, and banking services for multinational corporations, middle-market enterprises, and small businesses.
At the end of last year Traikov, announced that the starting price for the state share in Bulgartabac Holding would be around EUR 100 M.
- » Bulgarians will be Able to Travel for Longer without Visas to Six Island States
- » Nearly 30% of the Bulgarian Business Expects Negatives from Brexit
- » Lidl will Open at least Seven New Stores in Bulgaria in 2018
- » Lidl will Reduce Plastic in its Products with 20% by 2025.
- » Over EUR 335 Million is the Export of Bulgarian Furniture in 2017
- » Bulgaria will Cooperate with Saudi Arabia in Agriculture