7 Eye New DTT Tender in Bulgaria
The Bulgarian Communications Regulation Commission (CRC) has received a total of seven bids for the operation of what will be the country’s public service DTT multiplex.
The regulator has finally named the bidders, which include mobile operators Vivacom and Mobiltel, as well as NURTS, the national transmission company in which Vivacom (BTC) sold a 50% stake to Mancelord Ltd earlier this month. Mancelord Limited is represented in Bulgaria by Bromak Ltd., majority shareholder in Bulgaria’s Corporate Commercial Bank Ltd.
Bromak also holds a stake in the media group of mogul Irena Krasteva, who is believed to have been funded by the Corporate Commercial Bank.
Others are Bulgarian Broadcasting System, Bulsatkom, Krida Art and General Satellite Corporation.
The future operator of the multiplex, which will distribute the digital programs of the national state-owned television BNT and radio BNR, will receive a permit for 15 years and will provide services to 12 cities across the country – Blagoevgrad, Burgas, Varna, Vidin, Kardzhali, Pleven, Plovdiv, Russe, Smolyan, Sofia, Starta Zagora, Shumen.
Bulgaria’s two national commercial DTT multiplexes will be operated by Slovakia’s Towercom and Hannu Pro, which is based in Latvia.
- » Android Phones 'Betray' User Location to Google
- » Kavarna Welcomes Polish Investors in the Spring of 2018
- » In Q3 of 2017, 1 991.8 Thousand Bulgarian Residents Made Tourist Trips
- » Robert Mugabe Finally Resigns as President of Zimbabwe
- » Coming Soon The New Book of Peika.bg: "Mystical Walks Around Bulgaria for Extraordinary Travelers!"
- » Bulgaria in the Top 5 in the EU on Export Growth for the Period January-September