7 Eye New DTT Tender in Bulgaria
The Bulgarian Communications Regulation Commission (CRC) has received a total of seven bids for the operation of what will be the country’s public service DTT multiplex.
The regulator has finally named the bidders, which include mobile operators Vivacom and Mobiltel, as well as NURTS, the national transmission company in which Vivacom (BTC) sold a 50% stake to Mancelord Ltd earlier this month. Mancelord Limited is represented in Bulgaria by Bromak Ltd., majority shareholder in Bulgaria’s Corporate Commercial Bank Ltd.
Bromak also holds a stake in the media group of mogul Irena Krasteva, who is believed to have been funded by the Corporate Commercial Bank.
Others are Bulgarian Broadcasting System, Bulsatkom, Krida Art and General Satellite Corporation.
The future operator of the multiplex, which will distribute the digital programs of the national state-owned television BNT and radio BNR, will receive a permit for 15 years and will provide services to 12 cities across the country – Blagoevgrad, Burgas, Varna, Vidin, Kardzhali, Pleven, Plovdiv, Russe, Smolyan, Sofia, Starta Zagora, Shumen.
Bulgaria’s two national commercial DTT multiplexes will be operated by Slovakia’s Towercom and Hannu Pro, which is based in Latvia.
- » US Sending 3,000 More Troops to Afghanistan
- » Ryanair Faces EUR 20m Compensation Bill Over Cancellations
- » Ryanair Canceled Over 20 Flights to and from Sofia
- » Ryanair Publishes Full List of Cancellations
- » Simple Secrets for Boosting Your Confidencе
- » Ryanair Under Pressure to Publish Full List of Cancelled Flights