Bulgaria Legend Penev Returns to CSKA Sofia Bench
The number 1 Bulgaria football coach of all-time Dimitar Penev has returned to help out struggling giants CSKA Sofia.
Penev, who led Bulgaria to the semi-finals of the 1994 World Cup, has returned to CSKA as a supervisor to the coaching team.
Penev, who won seven league titles with CSKA as a player and three more as coach, said; "I'll be probably sitting on the bench during our match at Sliven on Saturday but we have to clarify things (his exact position) with the club's management,"
Romanian Ioan Andone resigned last week after only six games in charge of CSKA, who have won only two of their last 10 league matches and slipped to third in the standings, 10 points behind leaders Litex Lovech with eight games left. Adalbert Zafirov has been appointed as the CSKA FC team coach, following the resignation of Andone.
Former Bulgaria defender Zafirov, who represented CSKA and PFC Lokomotiv Sofia and won six caps for his country, has now become the third club coach of the season following the earlier departure of Luboslav Penev, Dimitar’s nephew.
- » Grigor Dimitrov Arrives in Bulgaria for Exhibition Match with Gael Monfils
- » Bulgaria’s Kubrat Pulev to Box Maurice Harris in Hamburg on December 5
- » Ronnie O'Sullivan to Face Jimmy White in Snooker Legends Show in Sofia on Friday
- » Bulgaria’s Ruse Wins European City of Sport 2016 Award
- » Two Romanian Football Legends to Join Stoichkov's 50th Birthday Show
- » PM: Bulgaria Has Potential to Be Among Best Sport Destinations on Balkans