Bulgaria to Propose Jail Time for Animal Cruelty
Bulgaria's Agriculture Minister, Miroslav Naydenov, is proposing 1 to 5 years behind bars for individuals convicted of committing acts of cruelty against animals.
The amendment will be included in the new Penal Code, and was triggered by Bulgaria's latest animal cruelty case where an unknown perpetrator cut the four paws of a dog in the town of Dryanovo.
The amendment was requested from Naydenov by representatives of animal rights organizations, who met with the Agriculture Minister Tuesday. Meanwhile, an online petition collected thousands of signatures for incriminating acts of animal cruelty.
The amendments will be prepared by a working group of lawyers, Members of the Parliament and NGOs.
- » The EC Lawsuit Against Bulgaria Ends with a Ban on New Constructions in Kaliakra
- » Prosecutor General Tsatsarov Moves to Lift Immunity of GERB MP Zhivko Matinov
- » Bulgarian Minister of Justice: 'A New Prison to be Built in Kremikovtzi'
- » Bulgarian Socialist Party to Ask the Specialised Prosecutor’s Office to Publish a List of Politicians Funded by KTB
- » The Swedish Tourist who Attacked a Hotel Worker in Sunny Beach has been Released from Custody
- » Customs officers Found over 260 Liters of Illegally Produced Alcohol from an Internet Ad
I'm sorry to disagree with this comment but I think that someone who cuts the legs off a dog and leaves it to suffer should be punished.
As far as I know, this isn't the normal method of slaughtering animals for food, and steps are taken to ensure 'food' animals are slaughtered as quickly and painlessly as possible e.g. by stunning, capitive bolt shot etc., although personally, I don't eat meat or wear leather.
Why can we EAT some animals, and why should we treat others differently?
How is a cow, or a sheep, or a pig different, than a rabbit, a horse, or a dolphin?
What gives you and/or PETA the moral high ground to select some animals and "protect" them?
Do you eat meat? Do you wear leather shoes?
Better wake up and smell the coffee.
В Швейцария наскоро гласуваха дали домашните животни трябва да имат служебен защитник. Това обаче е Швейцария а при нас колко време трябва да мине за да се разбере че Насилието към хората винаги тръгва от насилието към животните.
Дано поне този път се вземат някакви мерки. Дали скоро няма да се гледат и други клипове а не такива с животни. Страх ме да живея тук където съществува само правото на по силния.
А идва и Великден в Европа слагат зайчета в градините си , а ние ще гледаме ужасии в интернет а и е много вероятно пак да им се размине.
Не Ви ли звучеше безпомощно отвореното Писмо от Фондация „четири лапи” До кога май не мога повече много е тъжно и жалко.