Montenegro Opposition Leader Allegedly Attacked by Mafia
The Montenegro opposition leader, Nebojša Medojevi?, has been attacked by an unknown assailant in front of his house late Saturday.
The attacker threatened to kill Medojevi?, and the latter insists he fell pray of typical mafia tactics.
The police arrested the perpetrator, who is said to be close to an individual Medojevi? had always declared a top crime boss in Montenegro.
The opposition leader is a strong critic of Prime Minister, Milo ?ukanovi?, accusing him of protecting organized crime, especially those dealing with illegal drugs’ trade.
- » Russia Blocks Bid to Briefly Extend Syria Chemical Weapons Inquiry
- » Tsipras Seeks EU Funds to Deal with Damage From Floods
- » Two Weeks to Unlock Brexit, EU Tells Britain's May
- » Barcelona Unveils New Anti-Terror Measures in Response to August Attack
- » Erdogan Says Turkey Pulls Troops out of NATO Exercise
- » Rescue Crews Looking For Two More Men Missing in Flash Floods