Bulgaria Socialist Leader Slams PM for Mocking Local Mayors
Bulgaria Socialist Party leader, Sergey Stanishev, has slammed PM Boyko Borisov for mocking local mayors by warning them not to abuse EU funds.
Stanishev, speaking at a BSP Todorovden meeting with Chairs of municipal and district council in Plovdiv, said; “I wonder why the mayors endured that mockery. That was ridiculous. Mayors are not subject to the prime minister, nor does he give them enough money to treat them like that.”
Stanishev added that the blame for local mayors not being able to absorb EU funds lies squarely on the shoulders of the government, who he suggested do not give them enough money to be able to co-finance projects
Stanishev concluded by saying that the membership of BSP remains high and that the rules have been prepared already for BSP elections to choose candidates for the 2011 local elections.
- » Residents of the Mladost Quarter of Sofia Protest Because of Lack of Lighting
- » Protests at the Hospital in Pomorie Continue
- » Bulgarian President Convenes National Security Council
- » Dairy Products Prices Seen Going Up by 10% in 2017
- » Unemployment in Bulgaria has Dropped to 6.5%
- » Bulgarian Firefighters Protest on Saturday
Mr. Stanishev condones corruption and theft. His administration will go down in Bulgarian history as the most corrupt administration bar none. His administration stole and "misplaced" so much EU subsidies, that the EU froze billions that should have gone to Bulgaria. Mr. Stanishev should examine his motives for talking trash.