Bulgaria Vancouver Olympic Team Given Presidential Send Off
Bulgaria President Georgi Parvanov has officially handed the Bulgarian flag to the Bulgarian Olympic team ahead of them leaving to prepare for the Vancouver Winter Olympics that start February 12.
Parvanov handed the flag to the President of the Bulgarian Olympic Committee, Stefka Kostadinova, and Bulgarian flag-bearer - young snowboard star Alexandra Jekova. Sports Minister, Svilen Neykov, also joined the official ceremony.
Parvanov stated: "This is a traditional ceremony, a ritual that I hope will give you strength, courage and energy to our Olympians.”
He concluded; “I would like to give the warmest wishes for success on behalf of all the Bulgarian institutions. We are here to show that all our institutions are consolidated in support of our sports and we hope that athletes will meet in a more festive atmosphere after the Games, honoring a truly worthy performance. Good luck! "
- » Serie A Newcomer Signs Bulgarian Winger Aleksandar Tonev
- » Bulgaria’s Ivet Lalova-Collio Books Spot in Women’s 200m Final in Beijing
- » Bulgaria's Chess Grandmaster Veselin Topalov Remains Undefeated in St. Louis
- » Bulgaria’s Lalova-Collio Qualifies for Women’s 200m Semi-finals in Bejing
- » Bulgaria's Chess Grandmaster Veselin Topalov Retains Leadership in St. Louis
- » Bulgaria's Chess Grandmaster Records Second Consecutive Victory in St. Louis