Bulgaria Sees Record Cold Temperatures
Bulgaria registered record low temperatures early Monday morning, the coldest spot being the northwestern town of Knezha with -24,5 degrees Celsius.
The city of Veliko Tarnovo saw -21,2 degrees, Varna -17,8, the easternmost town of Shabla -19,2. The warmest place in the country was the southwestern town of Sandanski with -8 degrees.
The top record was set by the Bulgarian capital Sofia, which saw -15,2 degrees Celsius.
The temperatures expected around the country in the coming days are between -5 and -10/-15 degrees Celsius.
- » Code Yellow Alert Issued in Bulgaria over Heavy Downpours
- » Bulgaria Gives Green Light to Archaeological Research by Greek Ship Aegaeo
- » Sofia Boasts First Grass-Covered Tram Tracks
- » Code Orange Alert Issued for Bulgaria on Monday over Rain, Thunderstorms
- » Large Areas of Bulgaria at Risk of Wildifires on Sunday
- » Life as Seen through the Eyes of 2 Egyptian Vultures