Bulgaria Customs Head: Anti-Kidnappers Operation Huge Success
General Vanyo Tanov, head of Bulgaria’s Customs Agency, and former head of the Unit for Combating Organized Crime GDBOP, has lauded the Interior Ministry over the anti-kidnappers’ right.
Tanov told BNT 1 Thursday morning that the special operation codenamed “The Impudent”, in which 23 high-profile abductors were arrested overnight, had been the most massive Bulgaria had seen in years.
Bulgaria’s former top anti-mafia cop explained that it was not unexpected to find out that 23 people were involved in the kidnappers’ gang because each of them had different roles – the physical act of kidnapping, picking the ransom, etc.
Tanov said the mechanism used by the Bulgarian high-profile kidnappers was no different from those in other countries.
- » NW Bulgarian Gangs 'Specialized in People Smuggling'
- » Ex Head of Bulgaria's Medical Military Academy Gets New Indictment
- » Bulgarian National Shortlisted in Europol Advent Calendar
- » ECHR Sentences Bulgaria over Violation of Inmates' Right to Free Speech
- » Bulgarian Defense Ministry Officials under Abeyance Probe
- » Aghan Man Blamed for Bulgarian Flag Desecration to Stay in Custody