Famous Bulgarian Theater Director Krikor Azaryan Dies at 75
Professor Krikor Azaryan, a prominent Bulgarian theater director and lecturer, has died at 75 following a battle with a serious disease.
Even in his last days he managed to finish yet another memorable project and to see the ovations for the Cherry Orchard, a play by Anton Chekhov, at the National Theater.
Azaryan was born on March 15, 1934 in the town of Plovdiv. He was a professor and a lecturer at the National Academy for Theater and Film Arts.
Most of the plays that he has directed were staged at the Military Theatre in Sofia.
- » Nobel Laureate Gabriel Garcia Marquez Dies Aged 87
- » Celebrated Bulgarian Composer Boris Karadimchev Dies Aged 81
- » Spanish Flamenco Guitarist Paco De Lucia Dies, Aged 66
- » Serbian Bulgarian Actor Djoko Rosic Dies
- » Bulgaria's Socialist MP Dies Suddenly, Aged 48
- » Hollywood Child Star Shirley Temple Dies at 85