Famous Bulgarian Theater Director Krikor Azaryan Dies at 75
Professor Krikor Azaryan, a prominent Bulgarian theater director and lecturer, has died at 75 following a battle with a serious disease.
Even in his last days he managed to finish yet another memorable project and to see the ovations for the Cherry Orchard, a play by Anton Chekhov, at the National Theater.
Azaryan was born on March 15, 1934 in the town of Plovdiv. He was a professor and a lecturer at the National Academy for Theater and Film Arts.
Most of the plays that he has directed were staged at the Military Theatre in Sofia.
- » Swedish DJ Avicii Dies Aged 28
- » US First Lady Barbara Bush Dies at Age 92
- » Milos Forman Two-Time Oscar Winning Directo Dead At 86
- » Winnie Mandela, South African Anti-apartheid Crusader, Dies at 81
- » France to Pay National Tribute to Officer Killed in Friday Hostage Crisis
- » Stephen Hawking, Renowned Scientist, Dies at 76