Famous Bulgarian Theater Director Krikor Azaryan Dies at 75
Professor Krikor Azaryan, a prominent Bulgarian theater director and lecturer, has died at 75 following a battle with a serious disease.
Even in his last days he managed to finish yet another memorable project and to see the ovations for the Cherry Orchard, a play by Anton Chekhov, at the National Theater.
Azaryan was born on March 15, 1934 in the town of Plovdiv. He was a professor and a lecturer at the National Academy for Theater and Film Arts.
Most of the plays that he has directed were staged at the Military Theatre in Sofia.
- » Former German Chancellor Helmut Schmidt Dies at 96
- » Bulgarian President's Eldest Son Dies Aged 14
- » Omar Sharif Dies Aged 83
- » Former Russian Prime Minister, Foreign Minister Primakov Dies Aged 85
- » Former Turkish President, PM Demirel Dies at 90
- » European Royal Families Attend Memorial Service for Bulgaria's Last King Eldest Son