Famous Bulgarian Theater Director Krikor Azaryan Dies at 75
Professor Krikor Azaryan, a prominent Bulgarian theater director and lecturer, has died at 75 following a battle with a serious disease.
Even in his last days he managed to finish yet another memorable project and to see the ovations for the Cherry Orchard, a play by Anton Chekhov, at the National Theater.
Azaryan was born on March 15, 1934 in the town of Plovdiv. He was a professor and a lecturer at the National Academy for Theater and Film Arts.
Most of the plays that he has directed were staged at the Military Theatre in Sofia.
- » International Media Pay Tribute to Late Bulgarian President Zhelyu Zhelev
- » Bulgaria Declares Day of Mourning for Late Ex-President Zhelyu Zhelev
- » Bulgaria's Former President Zhelyu Zhelev Dies
- » Bulgaria's Deputy Chief of Defense Dies Aged 53
- » Greek Singer Demis Roussos Dies
- » Bulgaria Deputy Parliament Speaker Dies Aged 60