Dimitar Berbatov Wins Bulgaria Man of the Year Award
Dimitar Berbatov has been awarded as Bulgaria’s Man of the Year 2009 ahead of World boxing champion Detelin Dalakliev and Interior Minister Tsvetan Tsvetanov.
Berbatov, the Bulgarian national football team captain and Manchester United star was awarded the prize after being nominated for the second year in a row for the award, Darik Radio reported.
Berbatov was chosen after 5443 Bulgarians voted online for him on the official website of the competition manoftheyear.bg. Slightly more than 13 000 people voted in total. Interior Minister Tsvetanov came second in the final standings with 4269 votes and Bulgaria’s World boxing champion Dalakliev was in third place with 3350 votes .
On November 18 Berbatov became the all-time top scorer of the Bulgarian National Football Team.
Berbatov scored twice in Bulgaria’s friendly with Malta Wednesday night which brought his total number of national team goals to 48, one more than the previous record of legendary Bulgarian footballer from the 1960s and 1970s, Hristo Bonev. (Bonev played for the Bulgarian national team in 1967-1979; he played 98 matches.)
- » CSKA Sofia Eliminated Ludogorets in the Bulgarian Cup Competition
- » Dimitrov Dive Volley Named Masters 1000 Golden Hot Shot (Video)
- » Ludogorets Faces Milan in the 1/16-finals of the Europa League
- » Borussia Dortmund Changed Coach after Eighth Game without Victory
- » Champions League Draw, Round of 16
- » Grigor Dimitrov Will Become Part of the World Team Against Australia