Dimitar Berbatov Wins Bulgaria Man of the Year Award
Dimitar Berbatov has been awarded as Bulgaria’s Man of the Year 2009 ahead of World boxing champion Detelin Dalakliev and Interior Minister Tsvetan Tsvetanov.
Berbatov, the Bulgarian national football team captain and Manchester United star was awarded the prize after being nominated for the second year in a row for the award, Darik Radio reported.
Berbatov was chosen after 5443 Bulgarians voted online for him on the official website of the competition manoftheyear.bg. Slightly more than 13 000 people voted in total. Interior Minister Tsvetanov came second in the final standings with 4269 votes and Bulgaria’s World boxing champion Dalakliev was in third place with 3350 votes .
On November 18 Berbatov became the all-time top scorer of the Bulgarian National Football Team.
Berbatov scored twice in Bulgaria’s friendly with Malta Wednesday night which brought his total number of national team goals to 48, one more than the previous record of legendary Bulgarian footballer from the 1960s and 1970s, Hristo Bonev. (Bonev played for the Bulgarian national team in 1967-1979; he played 98 matches.)
- » Grigor Dimitrov Defeats David Goffin, Reaches US Open 4th Round
- » Bulgaria's Ludogorets To Face Liverpool, Real Madrid and Bazel
- » Bulgaria's Dimitrov Scores US Open 1st Round Win against American Ryan Harrison
- » Bulgaria’s Ludogorets Reaches UEFA Champions League Group Stage
- » Bulgaria's Tsvetana Pironkova Starts US Open With Victory
- » Boxing Match Kubrat Pulev – Wladimir Klitschko Is Postponed