Eccentric Bulgaria Party Head Tries Seppuku over Turkish Language News
Rosen Markov, the eccentric head of the marginal Party of Bulgarian Men, attempted a seppuku Thursday before the building of the Bulgarian Parliament.
Markov tried a harakiri in protest against the broadcasting of Turkish-language news emissions on the Bulgarian National Television channel BNT 1.
He was saved by police officers who showed up from among the crowd observing the eccentric man who has been campaigning against the Turkish language news for some time. The policemen used electroshock in order to neutralize Markov.
On November 10, 2009, Markov set himself on fire before the National TV building in protest, and was again saved by the policemen on duty.
- » The Weather Today Will be Sunny With Temperatures Between 25°C and 30°C
- » Today Is European 'No Elevators Day'
- » Mostly Sunny Today, Maximum Temperatures Between 20°C and 25°C
- » Bulgaria Ranks Lowest Among All EU Countries in Reporters Without Borders’ World Press Freedom Index
- » Employment Rate in Bulgaria Going Up
- » Two People Dead, One’s Life in Danger After Road Accidents in the Past Day