Eccentric Bulgaria Party Head Tries Seppuku over Turkish Language News
Rosen Markov, the eccentric head of the marginal Party of Bulgarian Men, attempted a seppuku Thursday before the building of the Bulgarian Parliament.
Markov tried a harakiri in protest against the broadcasting of Turkish-language news emissions on the Bulgarian National Television channel BNT 1.
He was saved by police officers who showed up from among the crowd observing the eccentric man who has been campaigning against the Turkish language news for some time. The policemen used electroshock in order to neutralize Markov.
On November 10, 2009, Markov set himself on fire before the National TV building in protest, and was again saved by the policemen on duty.
- » Is Spring Finally Coming?
- » Bulgaria Switches Back to Daylight Saving Time This Weekend
- » Increase of Heart Attacks and Strokes Due to the Sharp Temperature Change
- » China's Tiangong-1 Space Lab Expected to Fall to Earth Over Easter Weekend
- » Vidin Municipality Declares Emergency on Snowdrifts
- » Snow, Sandstorm Hit Greece in a Single Day (Photos and Video)