Computer Glitch Causes US Flight Delays, Cancelations
The American Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) has announced that a computer system malfunction has affected flight plans, causing delays and cancelations nationwide.
The system processes flight plans, but as it is not functioning properly, flight controllers are having to enter their plans manually.
Delays are expected to continue until the problem is solved, but the safety of planes in the air is not an issue, the FAA stated.
Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport has been worst affected, according to US media reports, with New York airports reporting minor delays.
- » US Air Strikes Help Iraq Repel IS Offensive on Mosul Dam
- » European Parliament Approves Jean-Claude Juncker Commission
- » New European Commission To Be Voted Wednesday In Strasbourg
- » UK to Send Spy Drones Over Syria in Broadening of Anti-IS Campaign
- » Turkey Adopts Tough Measures Against Violation of Public Order
- » Russian State Telecom To Launch Counterpart of Skype