Computer Glitch Causes US Flight Delays, Cancelations
The American Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) has announced that a computer system malfunction has affected flight plans, causing delays and cancelations nationwide.
The system processes flight plans, but as it is not functioning properly, flight controllers are having to enter their plans manually.
Delays are expected to continue until the problem is solved, but the safety of planes in the air is not an issue, the FAA stated.
Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport has been worst affected, according to US media reports, with New York airports reporting minor delays.
- » Davutoglu Elected Leader of Turkey's Ruling AK Party
- » Poroshenko-Putin Talks Fail to Yield Ceasefire Deal for East Ukraine
- » Hamas Says Long-Term Cease-Fire Agreed with Israel
- » Ukraine President Calls Early Election for October 26
- » French PM Presents Government's Resignation
- » US Journalist Held Hostage in Syria Freed from Captivity