Computer Glitch Causes US Flight Delays, Cancelations
The American Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) has announced that a computer system malfunction has affected flight plans, causing delays and cancelations nationwide.
The system processes flight plans, but as it is not functioning properly, flight controllers are having to enter their plans manually.
Delays are expected to continue until the problem is solved, but the safety of planes in the air is not an issue, the FAA stated.
Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport has been worst affected, according to US media reports, with New York airports reporting minor delays.
- » Finnish Parliament Approves Same-Sex Marriage
- » Head of Lukoil Romania Refinery Charged with Tax Evasion, Money Laundering
- » Russian Navy Ships Conduct Drills In English Channel
- » Pope Francis To Arrive in Turkey on 3-Day Official Visit
- » Arseny Yatseniuk Elected As Prime Minister Of Ukraine
- » EU Commission Survives Vote of No Confidence in Parliament