Computer Glitch Causes US Flight Delays, Cancelations
The American Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) has announced that a computer system malfunction has affected flight plans, causing delays and cancelations nationwide.
The system processes flight plans, but as it is not functioning properly, flight controllers are having to enter their plans manually.
Delays are expected to continue until the problem is solved, but the safety of planes in the air is not an issue, the FAA stated.
Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport has been worst affected, according to US media reports, with New York airports reporting minor delays.
- » FIFA Ethics Committee Provisionally Bans Blatter, Platini for 90 Days
- » Turkey Could Look Elsewhere for Gas Supplies, NPP Builder, Erdogan Tells Russia
- » Greek Government Wins Confidence Vote
- » Belarus President Refutes 'Russian Military Base' Reports
- » EU Launches Second Stage of Naval Operation Against Human Smugglers
- » Turkey to Step up Cooperation with Neighbours from EU on Migrants' Readmission