Computer Glitch Causes US Flight Delays, Cancelations
The American Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) has announced that a computer system malfunction has affected flight plans, causing delays and cancelations nationwide.
The system processes flight plans, but as it is not functioning properly, flight controllers are having to enter their plans manually.
Delays are expected to continue until the problem is solved, but the safety of planes in the air is not an issue, the FAA stated.
Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport has been worst affected, according to US media reports, with New York airports reporting minor delays.
- » Germany to Stick to Open-Door Policy on Refugees, Chancellor Merkel Says
- » France to Form National Guard to Help Counter Terror Attacks
- » Two Top Generals Resign in Turkey before Supreme Council Meeting
- » Putin Incorporates Crimea into Southern Federal District
- » EU Could Block Turkish Stream Construction - Ukrainian Official
- » Macedonia President: Balkan Terror Attacks Should Not Be Ruled Out