Computer Glitch Causes US Flight Delays, Cancelations
The American Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) has announced that a computer system malfunction has affected flight plans, causing delays and cancelations nationwide.
The system processes flight plans, but as it is not functioning properly, flight controllers are having to enter their plans manually.
Delays are expected to continue until the problem is solved, but the safety of planes in the air is not an issue, the FAA stated.
Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport has been worst affected, according to US media reports, with New York airports reporting minor delays.
- » EU to impose sanctions on Russia Monday
- » Missing Malaysian Plane Tracked Off Western Coast – Report
- » Macedonia with Highest Share of Female MPs in Balkans
- » Stolen Passports on Disappeared Malaysia Plane Are 'No Terror Link'
- » Moscow Approves Humanitarian Aid to Sevastopol
- » Yanukovych: I Will Return to Kiev