Computer Glitch Causes US Flight Delays, Cancelations
The American Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) has announced that a computer system malfunction has affected flight plans, causing delays and cancelations nationwide.
The system processes flight plans, but as it is not functioning properly, flight controllers are having to enter their plans manually.
Delays are expected to continue until the problem is solved, but the safety of planes in the air is not an issue, the FAA stated.
Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport has been worst affected, according to US media reports, with New York airports reporting minor delays.
- » Turkish Authorities Lay Off 1,500 Prison Employees
- » Turkey Demands EU Fulfil Its Promise for Visa-Free Regime by End of 2016
- » Turkey's State of Emergency Should Be Extended - Security Body
- » Vice President Georgieva To Leave EC for 1 Month
- » 5.4-Magnitude Earthquake Hits Rhodes Island
- » Turkey Fires 87 Secret Service Employees