Computer Glitch Causes US Flight Delays, Cancelations
The American Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) has announced that a computer system malfunction has affected flight plans, causing delays and cancelations nationwide.
The system processes flight plans, but as it is not functioning properly, flight controllers are having to enter their plans manually.
Delays are expected to continue until the problem is solved, but the safety of planes in the air is not an issue, the FAA stated.
Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport has been worst affected, according to US media reports, with New York airports reporting minor delays.
- » South Korean Ferry Death Toll Tops 150
- » Lavrov Warns Russia Could Act in Ukraine as It Did in Georgia
- » Possible Malaysian Plane Debris Found in Australia
- » Ukraine's 'Anti-Terrorist' Operation Continues
- » Crimean Tatar Leader Barred from Entering Russia
- » Russia Bans Military and Police from Traveling Abroad