Computer Glitch Causes US Flight Delays, Cancelations
The American Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) has announced that a computer system malfunction has affected flight plans, causing delays and cancelations nationwide.
The system processes flight plans, but as it is not functioning properly, flight controllers are having to enter their plans manually.
Delays are expected to continue until the problem is solved, but the safety of planes in the air is not an issue, the FAA stated.
Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport has been worst affected, according to US media reports, with New York airports reporting minor delays.
- » OSCE Calls for Immediate Ceasefire as Situation in Ukraine Deteriorates
- » Italian Parliament Elects President at Fourth Attempt
- » Greek FinMin Dismisses Further Negotiations with Troika
- » EU Moves to Extend Russia Sanctions over Ukraine
- » Russia Suspends Its Participation in PACE Until End of Year
- » EP's Schulz Criticises Tsipras of Splitting Common EU Stance on Russia