Thirteenth Swine Flu Death in Bulgaria
Bulgaria's Health Ministry has reported the thirteenth swine flu death in the country.
The ministry says a 36-year-old female swine flu patient died in the Black Sea town of Burgas after being admitted in hospital twenty days ago with double pneumonia.
Doctors fought for her life and used the latest and most up top date facilities in her treatment, but failed to save her.
Before her death the woman, who was pregnant, lost her baby.
This was the thirteenth reported death from swine flu in Bulgaria. The first fatality occurred at the beginning of October.
Meantime, the swine flu vacation continues for schools in Dobrich, Dimitrovgrad, Ruse and Silistra, Until Wednesday, schools will be closed in the city and region of Burgas.
Schools in Varna city and region are re-opening their doors, but the flu epidemic alert in the region has not been cancelled.
The restrictions, which are to remain in place until November 20, refer to planned admissions to hospital and to surgical activities, as well as being applied to hospital visitors.
- » Three Dead, One in Serious Condition After Car Accidents in Last 24 hours
- » Sunny Weather Today, Maximum Temperatures 31°-36°
- » Two dead, 18 injured in car accidents in last 24 hours
- » Today is the Official Start of Astronomical Summer
- » NIMH: Yellow Code for Strong Wind in 8 Regions
- » SpaceX delays Bulgaria Satellite Again, Plans 'Doubleheader'