Final Results: New Mayor of Sofia Fandakova Elected with 66,23%
Yordanka Fandakova, the newly-elected Mayor of the Bulgarian capital Sofia from the ruling party GERB, has received exactly 66,23% of the votes in Sunday’s Elections.
This figure has become clear after 100% of the electoral protocols of the polling stations have been processed.
The candidate of the Bulgarian Socialist Party, Georgi Kadiev, received 27,71% of the votes.
Architect Pavel Popov from the conservative RZS party has received 2,8%. Each of the other 15 candidates received below 1%.
The Election Day ended at 7:47 pm Sunday night with the final voter turnout in Sofia reaching 23,17%.
A total of 257 367 votes were cast out of a total of 1 110 258 names in the list of eligible voters.
Of those, Fandakova has received 170 454, Kadiev – 71 316, Popov – 7 206.
- » The Bulgaria 2009 Review: Elections
- » Bulgaria Ruling GERB Party Wins By-election Runoffs - Report
- » Bulgaria’s Razlog Holds Mayor By-Elections Runoff
- » Bulgaria GERB Party with Most Frugal Mayor Election Campaign
- » Bulgaria Conservative RZS Party Takes Sofia Elections to Court
- » 59 000 Manipulated Votes in Sofia Mayor Elections - Report