Bulgarian US, Turkey Ambassadors to Explain Election Violations
The Bulgarian Ministry of Foreign Affairs has ordered the Bulgarian Ambassadors to Turkey and the US to give explanations for ‘disciplinary violations’ in the July 5 general elections.
The Disciplinary Board of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs has presented the results of checks on the organization and conduct of elections of MPs on July 5, 2009 in Turkey and the United States, the Ministry press service statement reported.
The statement added that the Disciplinary Board identified disciplinary violations warranting disciplinary action appropriate to the employees.
The Foreign Affairs Minister, Rumiana Jeleva, has ordered the heads of the overseas missions in Ankara – Ambassador Branimir Mladenov, and in Washington - Ambassador Lachezar Petkov to appear on November 2 at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs to give explanations in relation to the imposition of specific disciplinary action.
Jeleva concluded that after receiving explanations of the above officials she will announce her decision on the case studies.
- » Internet Site Launched to Help Bulgarian Voters Abroad
- » Bulgaria Supreme Court Postpones Striking Turkey Election Results
- » Bulgaria Ruling GERB Increases Lead ahead of Socialists - Survey
- » Bulgaria Prosecutors Find Violations in Turkey Election Sections
- » Serious Violations Found in Bulgarian Foreign Election Sections
- » Observers: Bulgaria Parties Are Wrong Spending Money on Commercials