Prominent Bulgaria Historian Charged with Treasure Hunting
Dragomir Draganov, history professor from the Danube city of Ruse has been charged with leading an organized crime group for illegal treasure hunting.
The Prosecutor has also pressed charges against Draganov for the illegal trade of antiques, acquired through criminal activity.
Such charges are a first for Bulgaria. Draganov, who is also the Manager of the “Brothers Bobokovi” Foundation and Director of the Private Numismatic Museum in Ruse, had personally confirmed the information about the probe. Three other individuals are charged along with Draganov, who says he was never involved in anything he is accused of.
The investigators have seized from Draganov historical coins valued at BGN 370 000, which were slated to be, allegedly, sold illegally to a large museum in Western Europe, the Bulgarian National Television (BNT) reports.
Draganov is a prominent Bulgaria historian. He has authored numerous books and is a member of the British Royal Numismatic Society.
- » BREAKING NEWS: ISIS Gunman 'Kills Shop Worker' After Taking Hostages at French Supermarket
- » 34 Killed, Including 17 Children, in an Air Strike in Northwestern Syria
- » A 20-year-old Girl was Beaten and Robbed in the Student City District of Sofia
- » Suicide Bomber Kills 26 in Kabul Attack
- » The Police Busted a Group of Human Traffickers, 18 People were Arrested
- » Suspect in Bombings in Austin Committed Suicide