200 Bulgarian Rangers Set out on Afghanistan ISAF Mission
200 rangers from the Special Forces of the Bulgarian Army went sent to Afghanistan on Wednesday after a ceremony in the southern city of Plovdiv.
The new unit is going to serve at the Kabul Airport replacing the Bulgarian troops returning home. Eight of the 200 new Bulgarian rangers are women.
Bulgaria has 470 troops stationed in Afghanistan as part of the International Security Assistance Force.
- » NATO to Station Ship Command Centre near Bulgaria's Varna
- » Bulgaria Defense Ministry 'to Lay Off 4600' over Budget Shortfall
- » 7306 Bulgarian Military Reservists Summoned Since Start of 2015
- » Turkish Intelligence Warns of Jihadists Passing Through Bulgaria
- » Bulgarian Deputy PM Attends Forum on Countering Foreign Fighters
- » Poland Ready to Service Bulgarian MiG-29 Fighters, Defence Minister Siemoniak Says