200 Bulgarian Rangers Set out on Afghanistan ISAF Mission
200 rangers from the Special Forces of the Bulgarian Army went sent to Afghanistan on Wednesday after a ceremony in the southern city of Plovdiv.
The new unit is going to serve at the Kabul Airport replacing the Bulgarian troops returning home. Eight of the 200 new Bulgarian rangers are women.
Bulgaria has 470 troops stationed in Afghanistan as part of the International Security Assistance Force.
- » USAF to Deploy F-15s in Joint Air Policing Mission with Bulgaria
- » Bulgaria to Appoint Defense Attache in U.S. as New Air Force Chief
- » Bulgaria to Hold Air Policing Jointly with U.S. Next Month
- » Defense Attache in Washington Nominated as New Bulgarian Air Force Chief
- » NATO Military Committee Deputy Chairman to Visit Bulgaria
- » Bulgaria's Govt Proposes Discharge of Air Force Chief