200 Bulgarian Rangers Set out on Afghanistan ISAF Mission
200 rangers from the Special Forces of the Bulgarian Army went sent to Afghanistan on Wednesday after a ceremony in the southern city of Plovdiv.
The new unit is going to serve at the Kabul Airport replacing the Bulgarian troops returning home. Eight of the 200 new Bulgarian rangers are women.
Bulgaria has 470 troops stationed in Afghanistan as part of the International Security Assistance Force.
- » Global Military Spending Continued to Fall in 2013
- » France's Dupleix to Enter Black Sea
- » Russia Continues 'Provocations' over Black Sea, Says DefMin
- » Russian Ambassador Voices Concern over US Ships in Black Sea
- » NATO to Boost Presence in Black Sea
- » Rosen Plevneliev Criticizes the Tight Defense Budget