200 Bulgarian Rangers Set out on Afghanistan ISAF Mission
200 rangers from the Special Forces of the Bulgarian Army went sent to Afghanistan on Wednesday after a ceremony in the southern city of Plovdiv.
The new unit is going to serve at the Kabul Airport replacing the Bulgarian troops returning home. Eight of the 200 new Bulgarian rangers are women.
Bulgaria has 470 troops stationed in Afghanistan as part of the International Security Assistance Force.
- » Bulgaria, Turkey, Greece to Ink Agreement on Joint Contact Center, Border Patrols
- » Bulgaria to Launch New Fighter Jet Acquisition Process by End-June
- » Bulgarian Parliament Adopts Bill Regulating Security Services at First Reading
- » US, Bulgarian Military Personnel Begin Joint Exercise in Romania
- » No Bulgarian Personnel Hit by Kabul Suicide Bombing
- » Bulgarian Government Stations Troops at Border with Macedonia