200 Bulgarian Rangers Set out on Afghanistan ISAF Mission
200 rangers from the Special Forces of the Bulgarian Army went sent to Afghanistan on Wednesday after a ceremony in the southern city of Plovdiv.
The new unit is going to serve at the Kabul Airport replacing the Bulgarian troops returning home. Eight of the 200 new Bulgarian rangers are women.
Bulgaria has 470 troops stationed in Afghanistan as part of the International Security Assistance Force.
- » NATO Plans New Eastern European Bases along Russia’s Borders
- » Defence Ministry: Bulgaria Subject To Russian Information War
- » Ukraine's Poroshenko Vows EUR 2.2 B for Arms on Independence Day
- » Bulgaria's Interim DefMin: No Jolts to Be Allowed in Intelligence
- » Defense Minister 'to Dismiss Military Intelligence Chief'
- » US Air Force F-15 Deploy to Bulgaria for Bilateral Training Event