Kraft Foods Invests BGN 40 M in Bulgaria Chocolate Factory
Kraft Foods Bulgaria invested BGN 40 M in the chocolate factory in the northern town of Svoge, the company announced Tuesday.
According to the CEO of Kraft Foods Bulgaria, Franco del Fabrro, the investment is a show of the continuous trust of Kraft Foods in the good business opportunities Bulgaria offers and the country's important role in the region.
This is the company's largest investment in Southeastern Europe.
The investment, as del Fabrro pointed out, is even more significant in the light of the global financial and economic crisis and will provide 120 new job opportunities in the production lines of the factory and another 200 indirect job openings. Kraft Foods is currently one of the most significant employers in Bulgaria, providing 800 jobs.
The resources will be invested mostly in new production lines. They will be officially launched on October 2, 2009.
Kraft Foods is a world leader in the food manufacturing industry with yearly revenue of over USD 37 B and over 100 000 employees world wide. The company is included in Standard & Poor's 500, the Dow Jones Sustainability Index and Ethibel Sustainability Index. Kraft has been on the market for over 100 years. In Bulgaria, the company offers the popular coffee brands "Jacobs" and "Nova Brazilia" (New Brazil), the chocolate products "Milka", "Svoge" and "Suchard" and the "Moreni" chocolate waffles.
- » Venezuela will Release Another Virtual Currency
- » Investments in "Smart" Cities will Reach $ 80 billion in 2018
- » Air France Workers Go on Strike for Pay Hike
- » French President Emmanuel Macron Unveils New Immigration Bill Amid Calls For Protests
- » 14,000 Cigarettes Seized in Anti-tobacco Smuggling Operations across the Country
- » Bulgaria will Host a Joint Business Forum for Foreign Trade of Japan