Thousands Take Part in 'Day of Hugs' UNICEF Campaign in Sofia
Thousands of kids and parents participated Sunday in the "Day of Hugs" organized by UNICEF Bulgaria.
The Day of Hugs is part of a campaign entitled "Silence Today Causes Cries Tomorrow"; it featured a number of happenings, shows, and competitions where kids could participate alone or with their parents.
According to Diana Vakarelska, head of UNICEF Bulgaria, the main message of the Day of Hugs is that every single day is priceless and extremely important when it comes to the upbringing of children.
"We want to show the parents that the material well-being is not the only important thing for the development of their children, it is very important to communicate with them, to stimulate their development, and to them that we love them very often," Vakarelska said at the opening.
In her words, the communicating with children in their first three years is what forms their attitude towards the world for the rest of their lives.
Many of the parents who attended the Day of Hugs events with their kids were extremely thrilled with the initiative, and called for more initiatives of that kind.
- » Bulgaria, World Prepare to Switch Off for Earth Hour
- » Bulgaria Switches to Daylight Saving Time on Sunday
- » Bulgaria’s Vidin Terminates Waste Collection, Disposal Contract with Concessionaire
- » Liberian-Registered Ship Impounded at Varna Port After Unpaid Debt
- » Red Hot Chilli Pipers Greet Bulgarian Audience Prior to May Performance
- » Nineteen People Injured After Explosion in New York City's East Village