CSKA Sofia Reach Europa League Groups after Moscow Victory
Bulgarian capital outfit CSKA Sofia defeated Russian giants Dynamo Moscow in a dominant performance in the Russian capital to progress to the group stages of the Europa league.
CSKA drew their first leg 0-0 with Dynamo in Bulgaria a week ago, in a largely disappointing game with few chances for either team.
In Moscow, Dynamo looked to be in command of the tie after a 10th minute header from Russian international Alexander Kerzhakov found the back of the CSKA net.
However, CSKA scored four minutes later to level the game through a glorious Spas Delev diving header and Ivan Ivanov struck the winner in the 55th minute to give the Bulgarians a 2-1 win on the night and on aggregate.
The victory was described by local media as the best European performance by CSKA for many years and the statistics back this up with them having 10 shots on target to Dynamo's 3.
- » Bulgarian Boxer Makes It to Strandzha Tournament Final
- » Bulgaria's New Rhythmic Gymnastics Ensemble Scoops 1st Title
- » March Honouring Pro-Nazi General Held Despite Sofia Mayor Ban
- » Goffin Defeats Dimitrov in Rotterdam, Ending His Series of Victories
- » Bulgaria's Dimitrov Defeats Denis Istomin at Rotterdam ATP 500 Second Round
- » Bulgaria's Grigor Dimitrov Defeats Mischa Zverev in Rotterdam