CSKA Sofia Reach Europa League Groups after Moscow Victory
Bulgarian capital outfit CSKA Sofia defeated Russian giants Dynamo Moscow in a dominant performance in the Russian capital to progress to the group stages of the Europa league.
CSKA drew their first leg 0-0 with Dynamo in Bulgaria a week ago, in a largely disappointing game with few chances for either team.
In Moscow, Dynamo looked to be in command of the tie after a 10th minute header from Russian international Alexander Kerzhakov found the back of the CSKA net.
However, CSKA scored four minutes later to level the game through a glorious Spas Delev diving header and Ivan Ivanov struck the winner in the 55th minute to give the Bulgarians a 2-1 win on the night and on aggregate.
The victory was described by local media as the best European performance by CSKA for many years and the statistics back this up with them having 10 shots on target to Dynamo's 3.
- » Bulgaria’s Dimitrov Fails to Win Stockholm Open Title
- » Grigor Dimitrov Scores Two Hot Shots, Qualifies For Stockholm Semifinal
- » Grigor Dimitrov Nominated For Sportsmanship Award
- » Tsvetana Pironkova Reaches Quarterfinals in Moscow
- » Grigor Dimitrov Qualifies For Quarter Finals Of If Stockholm Open
- » Boxer Kubrat Pulev Feeling Stronger As Match with Wladimir Klitschko Postoponed